- American Heartbeat: True Stories Told in Scenes and Monologues
American history is rich and varied, and playwrights have long mined its treasures to create inspired and inspiring pieces for the stage. This anthology brings together 32 monologues, duets and trios culled from outstanding Dramatic Publishing scripts and perfect for auditions, scene work, full-evening presentations and drama-across-the-curriculum projects of all kinds. Here, pioneers cross the plains under dire circumstances, Native Americans struggle to maintain their culture as their homelands disappear, a Shakespearean actress defies her slave-holding husband, stars rise in the fledgling film industry, factory workers fight for their rights, a woman flies solo across the Atlantic, the atom bomb takes its toll on the world and on its inventors, athletes break records and break down barriers, an ailing author battles corporate censorship to warn of a "silent spring," a grieving mother seeks justice for her murdered son, one high-school teacher makes a desperate call to a 911 dispatcher and another leads his students to excellence beyond all expectations. And there's more! Important in their own times, these American stories brought to life by award-winning playwrights resonate in today's world and provide unlimited opportunities for exploration, discussion and performance.
- Type of Show Collection
- Product Code AL2000
- Pages 96
- Cost $19.95
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- ISBN(13) 9781583429600
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).