Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
A revised version of this title is available as a prepublication manuscript. Please contact our customer service department for details.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code SG1000
- Cast Size 7
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 120 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583420614
- "Excellent show. Great story for Women's fight for the right to knowledge. "
- Review by Yvonne Rebsch, Westbury High School, Houston, Texas
- "An amazing play. We performed scenes from this play for our UIL One Act Play competition, and all of our judges thanked us for introducing them to the play. I would love to direct this in it's entirety someday. A must read!"
- Review by Laura Garcia, WT White High School, Dallas, Texas
- "Rich characters, wonderful historic perspective of the female role in early Hispanic culture. Poignant love story -- a perfect choice for my southern California high school."
- Review by Susan Stratton, Castle Park High School, Chula Vista, CA
- "[This] is a beautiful portrayal of Sor Juana. Intriguing, intelligent and inspiring, the script is like Sor Juana herself, exquisite."
- Review by Katie Carey Govier, Stockyards Theatre Project, Chicago, Ill.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "If the show is produced for UIL OAP double casting is not always possible because of cutting the script."
- Tip by Yvonne Rebsch, Westbury High School, Houston, Texas
- "Use as much "magic" as possible."
- Tip by Emmy Estes, Randall High School, Canyon, Texas
- "This show is great for a strong female lead. However, make sure you have several strong men and women because every character is quite complex. "
- Tip by Laura Garcia, WT White High School, Dallas, Texas
“A cultural phenomenon.” —Twin Cities Pioneer Press
“This is a story of a life turned upside down, precipitating a crisis of the heart and spirit.” —Twin Cities Pioneer Press
“A beautiful love story.” —Talkin’ Broadway
“It is both beautiful and tragic, scripted with tenderness, fury and intelligence.” —Talkin’ Broadway
"The play has everything … brilliantly written … The Sins of Sor Juana is a must-see … wonderfully complex and poetic." —Broadside