The prince has the shoe. He's ready to wed. But who's the woman behind the foot? Two investigative reporters—Deb Jabber from Action News Day Now and Sonny Glamour from Glitter Kingdom Today—compete for the scoop of the century, interviewing everybody from a fairy godmother in desperate need of a day-planner to mice in the witness protection program. Look for cameos from Pinocchio, Jack and his cow and other celebrities in this no-holds-barred exposé of the timeless love story and what it means to find—and TELL—the truth.
Read an Excerpt
- Cinderella (Glennon)
- The Cinderella Complex
- Cinderella of Loreland
- The Truth About Cinderella
- Cinderella Eats Rice and Beans: A Salsa Fairy Tale
- Cinderella: The World's Favorite Fairy Tale
- Cinderella (Chorpenning)
- Cinderella (Musical, Goldberg)
- The Oldest Story Ever Told
- Cinderella (Netzel)
- Cinderella (Goldberg)
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code CB5000
- Cast Size 4
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 50 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults | Praise Groups
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Senior Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583422014
- "I loved the writing. It was truly a show for the whole family. Everyone loved the show. It's funny and a great twist on a classic."
- Review by Shannon Ordakowski, Northwestern High School, Albion, Pa.
- "Cinderella Confidential was a great show! The young audience loved the participation in deciding whom the prince should marry!"
- Review by Peggy Millay, West Nebraska Arts Center, Scottsbluff, Neb.
- "This is a wonderful play and was a joy to produce. Audiences of all ages enjoyed the humor!"
- Review by Janine Forrester, Pleasant View School, Springfield, Mo.
- "A fun show with lots of opportunity for teens to self-direct and produce."
- Review by Lorna Stratton, Paris District High School, Paris, Ontario, Canada
- "A great playÑwell written, very funny. Both adults and children enjoyed the show."
- Review by Drama Director, Oak Creek-Franklin School District, Oak Creek, Wis.
- "Loved the very simple set. We have a small stage and it's nice to have the audience use their imaginations. This was a good play for kids with little or no acting experience. Can make this play as simple or elaborate as the director wants."
- Review by Lisa Nerenhausen, Edison Elementary School, Appleton, Wis.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "The shoe boxes and stools were a lot for the actors to carry and worry about. I made T shirts with the TV program's logo and had crew members come on and off as TV crew and that helped."
- Tip by Shannon Ordakowski, Northwestern High School, Albion, Pa.
- "We used two music clips as "news intros" for our two reporters. Deb Jabber's was more serious, while Sonny Glamour's was more like Inside Edition or EXTRA!Ñreally upbeat."
- Tip by Peggy Millay, West Nebraska Arts Center, Scottsbluff, Neb.
Media Reviews"Freshens up what can be a shopworn tale with smiles and laughs, while making a social comment on our time. Perfectly fun!" -Cleveland Plain Dealer
"This reworking of Cinderella's story for the media age works magic for adults, too." -Cleveland Scene Magazine
|Paradise RV Resort Ballroom||Sun City||Arizona||7/26/2018||7/28/2018|