No livestream rights are available for this title.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code GC9000
- Cast Size 6
- Min. Royalty Rate $100/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781619590533
- "This was a wonderful production to reopen our theatre after a year of being closed. The themes are so timely. We also had a wonderful collaboration with the local library in promoting the play, the book it is based on and the three follow-up books."
- Review by Trinity Bird, The Sauk, Jonesville, Mich.
- "This was wonderful! We very much enjoyed performing The Giver. We layered music and sound effects for each memory and paired them with specific lighting, and the results were really nice!"
- Review by Kathleen Evans, Plymouth Public Schools, Plymouth, Mass.
- "As a community theatre producing this show we felt it was a perfect fit because it utilizes actors of all ages and a lot of patrons recognized the name. We had actors as young as 7 all the way through 87 which made up all the members of the community. We highly recommend this show for any community theatre."
- Review by Jeremiah W. Dunmyer, Sikeston Little Theatre, Sikeston, Mo.
- "Our cast, crew, and community loved this show! We teach the novel in our district, and the script is so compelling and true to the storyline. The storyline is nice and "tight," no wasted scenes. Many people told us after the first act, they felt like they'd only been in the theater for 15 minutes and couldn't believe it'd been closer to an hour. "
- Review by Katherine Laack, Pine Island High School, Pine Island, Minn.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "I would recommend remote control LED lights for the Apple light change (pretty cheap to buy on Amazon). Just make sure Asher has the remote on his belt, as the range for the remote is pretty small."
- Tip by Kathleen Evans, Plymouth Public Schools, Plymouth, Mass.
- "Finding a way to do the scene changes fluidly and the memories convincingly is the key to making this show work. We used A LOT of lighting and sound effects, but projection would work brilliantly if you have the capabilities. The element of color is also extremely important. We made dozens of grey tone and colored books that could be interchanged on our set, and the effect was striking. "
- Tip by Katherine Laack, Pine Island High School, Pine Island, Minn.
|Honokaa High & Intermediate School||Honokaa||Hawaii||12/2/2021||12/31/2021|
|St. Charles Community College||Cottleville||Missouri||4/7/2022||4/10/2022|
|Oldham County Schools Arts Center||Crestwood||Kentucky||12/2/2021||12/4/2021|
|Lamar Cons High School||Rosenberg||Texas||10/14/2021||10/16/2021|