No livestream rights are available for this title.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code GD1000
- Cast Size 8
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 65 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | TYA
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781619590151
- "The show was great for my middle school students at their One-Act Play contest. We placed at the traditionally difficult contest and the audience connected with this somewhat little known play/story. Great to showcase a strong female actor. "
- Review by Eric Craddock, Walnut Grove Middle School, Midlothian, Texas
- "A powerful story! My students and I appreciated the acting challenges and opportunities for creativity. The flexible cast size and running time (about an hour) were ideal for us."
- Review by Kristin Skaggs, Rivermont Collegiate, Bettendorf, Iowa
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Consider renting the Singer's Robe from First Stage in Milwaukee ... we did and it was fantastic!"
- Tip by Eric Craddock, Walnut Grove Middle School, Midlothian, Texas
Media Reviews"Gathering Blue continues a remarkably successful run of plays based on Lowry's books that began with Coble's adaptation of The Giver … it's prickly, picking at the edges of ideas, peeking under the blanket of comfortability to stare at the fears and dangers underneath … The sharp whooshing sound of 250 or so middle-school kids inhaling in shock together can fill a theater in a most exhilarating way." -Oregon Arts Watch
"A sophisticated approach to the material that draws out the everyday heroism of the characters who find themselves in a sinister world … A tastefully executed adaptation of a story that bravely addresses some of the darker shadows in the world around us." -Express Milwaukee
"Deep and complex … The world of the future is pictured as desolate and despairing, but in the children we see the light of brighter possibilities." -Dennis Sparks Reviews
"Five out of five stars … An enchanting and empowering story that shows the power of art and the importance of thinking for yourself." -PDX Kids Calendar
"Powerfully evokes this dystopian world … The desolation is brightened by necessary comic relief, getting laughs out of children and adults alike." -Willamette Week
"Thought-provoking … this futuristic story has a definite bite to it." -Portlandfamily.com
"Vivid, earnest and engrossing." -The Oregonian
|Neighborhood Music School||New Haven||Connecticut||12/10/2021||12/11/2021|