This exciting collection of 125 comic and serious monologues contains professional-level material appropriate for audition as well as interpretive study. All ages are represented, from teens to characters in their 50s and older. Moving, funny and offbeat, the monologues explore key moments in the lives of a diverse range of individuals - a woman who thinks someone is stealing her front lawn, a man in a loveless marriage who talks to chimpanzees, a nurse withholding treatment until she is paid what she is worth, a man who hears a scream for help on his answering machine, a prisoner whose death will make an unusual contribution to science, a woman prepared to stare at an eclipse until she is blind, a teen trying desperately to escape occupied Belgium with his girlfriend, the cost-conscious woman who dies while cutting out coupons and dozens more. These monologues provide well-defined characterizations that will challenge the professional actor and the amateur performer alike.
- Type of Show Collection
- Product Code O64000
- Pages 320
- Cost $25.95
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583421482
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).