Sherlock Holmes is missing, and the streets of London are awash with crime. Who will save the day? The Baker Street Irregularsa gang of street kids hired by Sherlock himself to help solve cases. Now they must band together to prove not only that Sherlock is not dead but also to find the mayor's missing daughter, untangle a murder mystery from their own past, and face the masked criminal mastermind behind it alla bandit who just may be the brilliant evil Moriarty, the man who killed Sherlock himself! Can a group of orphans, pickpockets, inventors and artists rescue the people of London? The game is afoot!
NotesThere are optional script revisions available in the Downloads section.
No Livestream or Record and Stream Rights Available
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code S2E000
- Cast Size 10
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 80 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781619590564
- "We loved this show! ... Lots of great parts for kids."
- Review by Roberta Weiner, Prana Center, Holliston, Mass.
- "This was a great choice for my community theatre group. It had fun roles for my teen to young adult actors as well as allowing my more mature actors their time in the spotlight. It had mystery, adventure, comedy and a little bit of romance too. Highly recommend!"
- Review by Roy H. Wilhite, Jr., Royal Heights Productions, McKenzie, Tenn.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "... Don't be afraid of the stage directions which sound like you need to make a movie. We used two benches for the "top of train" scene, and the "raging waters" were offstage."
- Tip by Roberta Weiner, Prana Center, Holliston, Mass.
Media Reviews"A classic detective story with villains, cops, mistaken identities, subterfuge, heroic acts, dangerous situations, budding love stories and twists and turns galore." -www.onmilwaukee.com
"A reminder anyone can rise above their backgrounds and past, especially when someone else respectable also respects and trusts them." -www.broadwayworld.com
"[The] story involves what the young see and the rest of us miss; how readily we underestimate and marginalize the poor; and how the friends we choose allow us to create new and often better families alongside those we inheritbuilding our own plot rather than following the twists and turns of the one in which we first find ourselves." -Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
"The motley five courageously demonstrate their bravado when they assume Sherlock's incomparable sleuthing skills … and … steal the audience's hearts when solving their own crimes." -www.broadwayworld.com
"There are secrets to be learned in Sherlock and there are enough surprises to fill a Halloween trick or treat bag." -www.onmilwaukee.com
"Will make you laugh out loud along the way!" -Ozaukee Magazine
|Cocalico Middle School
|Lewis Mills Auditorium
|Discovery High School
|The City House
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).