Frequently Asked Questions
Cuttings / Changes
- What is a cutting?
- Can I make minor changes to the script such as removing bad language, changing genders or changing the setting of the play?
- How long does the cuttings & special permissions approval process take?
- My cutting request was approved. How do I bill the production in my promotional materials?
Promotions and Advertising
- Can we use the artwork on the script cover or create our own artwork for promotional purposes?
- How can I submit photos from my production for possible use in Dramatic Publishing's promotional materials?
- What are the requirements for billing and credit?
- Which titles have logo packs available?
- What is a logo pack?
Licensing and Royalties
- We had to cancel our performances. How do I obtain a refund for the royalty fees paid?
- We need to change our performance dates/venue/ticket prices. How do we make the adjustment?
- How many scripts am I required to purchase in order to be licensed to perform one of your titles?
- Why must we pay royalties when we are not charging admission?
- Do we have to pay royalties for school competition performances?
- Can I reschedule/postpone my production?
- Can I livestream my performances?
- Do you have any digital scripts available?
- Will I receive a late fee for not sending my rental package materials back on time?
- What should I do with the rental package I already received for my postponed production?
- What is the difference between "livestreamed" and "recorded and streamed"?
- How much are livestream royalties?
- I am licensed for a staged production, but am now UNABLE to have an audience. Does my existing license allow me to stream the production instead?
- I am licensed for a streamed performance, but I now am ABLE to have an audience. Does my existing license allow me to switch to a staged production?
- I would like to have a staged production and also stream my performance. Is that possible?
- Can I return my scripts?
- Do I need to purchase a cast quantity of scripts if I purchase a digital script?
- Which titles have digital scripts available?
- I ordered a digital script on the website, but the status says pending and I am unable to download it. What should I do?
- I lost my copy of my digital script. Can you email me a new one?