Three classic fairy tales (The Three Little Pigs, The Three Billy Goats Gruff and Goldilocks and the Three Bears) begin in their usual "once upon a time" fashion; however, this time things change on the way to "happily ever after" as the pigs wonder what life would be like if the wolf were not always at their door, the billy goats gruff decide they can't face another trip-trap over the troll's bridge, and Papa Bear has had enough of the meddlesome little Goldilocks! Assisted by The Voice (struggling to narrate the changing stories) and three Stagehands (desperately trying to juggle sets to keep the stories straight), the three trios join forces to rewrite their stories, ridding themselves of their respective villains by exchanging them. Premiered at the Dallas Children's Theater.
Limited Livestream Rights AvailableContact our customer service department for more information.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code SM9000
- Cast Size 13
- Min. Royalty Rate $110/perf
- Cost $11.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Elementary School | Middle School | High School | Community Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583425480
- "Incredibly funny! Fun for children and adults. A great play for teaching young actors about comic timing."
- Review by Mary Britt, Ocala Civic Theatre, Ocala, Fla.
- "The students laughed out loud at our read-through. I knew we had a winner! Their character portrayal and love of the traditional stories have made this a truly great production. They are better than ever in this story."
- Review by Elizabeth Wills, Gettysburg Area Middle School, Gettysburg, Pa.
- "The script was fantastic, full of wit and fast-moving dialogue. The students had a lot of fun practicing as well as performing for their peers and families. There are some good spots to add in some background performers, too."
- Review by Susan Reichheld, Tignish Elementary School, Tignish, Prince Edward Island, Canada
- "What a great little show! With seven fairly substantial roles for main characters and a number of additional roles that can be double-cast or cast individually, it provides a ton of opportunity and flexibility for casting. The script is witty and fun and is a great vehicle for young performers and audiences."
- Review by Lynda Gibson, Flushing Middle School, Frankenmuth, Mich.
- "This excellent show for a company of young actors provides roles for many levels of experience for a large group of both boys and girls. These are characters that young people have grown up with; yet, the humor that follows the interweaving of the classic stories is sophisticated and fun."
- Review by Kineta Massey, Director, Rosebud Players
Media Reviews"Surprising Story gives classic tales some plucky twists. Best of all is Ms. Daugherty's message of empowerment, inspiring kids to come up with creative solutions to problems in their own lives. Sheer charm." -The Dallas Morning News
|Knoxville Children's Theatre||Knoxville||Tennessee||3/31/2023||4/16/2023|