Limited Streaming Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
When this play was written, instant messaging was popular; feel free to update technology references to reflect current social media trends.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code SM7000
- Cast Size 9
- Min. Royalty Rate $110/perf
- Cost $11.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA | Touring Group
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583425336
- "The Secret Life of Girls proved to be an entertaining outreach project, spurring engaging, insightful dialogue between school audiences and the cast and moderators. A fantastic experience."
- Review by Steven Braddock, Niagara University Theatre, Niagara University, NY
- "Playwright Linda Daugherty tells the truth of destructive dynamics, and she tells it with wisdom, compassion, and sensitivity. The Secret Life of Girls offers both insight and hope."
- Review by Rev. Dr. Jeanne Stevenson-Moessner, Perkins School of Theology, Southern Methodist University.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Doing team building exercises will help the cast become closer knit. Everyone faces different issues. Talk about them with your cast."
- Tip by Cory Ott, The Wadsworth Footlighters, Wadsworth, OH
Media Reviews"Take every female you know to see this play, then go somewhere and talk. It is a candid, stark, and artistically brutal look at bullying, peer pressure, self-abuse, and finding one's own value. … shocking and boldly written." -Better Than Broadway.com
"This play is not about real life. It is real life … If you have a daughter under 18, you need to see this show. And if she's over 11, you need to take her with you. Linda Daugherty's powerful script …[is] what many say the theater should be—a moment for reflection about what’s true and, in this case, dangerously hidden." -People Newspapers
"Totally sold out. [DCT] had to extend the run of The Secret Life to keep up with demand … [H]ealth professionals have jumped on board to participate in discussions that follow each performance. Linda Daugherty's world premiere … packs quite a shock." -The Dallas Morning News
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).