This one-act dramatization of Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass is distinguished by the inventive manner with which Jerome McDonough handles Alice's various changes in size and the numerous changes of setting, with no breaks in the action. Due to his ingenious directions for making all the magical special effects easy to stage, this version is fun to do and fun to watch. Most of the revered characters are here: the rabbit, the Mad Hatter, the Queen of Hearts, the Cheshire Cat, and, perhaps best of all, the Oyster show. McDonough attempts to involve the audience in the experience of the adventures. With no front curtain, the main stage is skeletal and a bit dark with Lewis Carroll's study Down Left. Recommended for contest, children's theatre and workshops.
Read an Excerpt
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code AG9000
- Cast Size 10
- Min. Royalty Rate $35/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 35 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Elementary School | Middle School | High School | College Theatre | TYA | Touring Group
- Genre Drama | Satire
- ISBN(13) 9780886803360
- "Alice is a fun show that accommodates a range of youthful experience. The familiarity of the story helps young players learn about the stage while really connecting with the characters in this classic story."
- Review by Erin Amundson, Twin Cities Academy HS, Saint Paul, MN