Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code A13000
- Cast Size 16
- Min. Royalty Rate $110/perf
- Cost $11.95
- Approx. Run Time 75 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871292414
- "Our students and audiences loved "Alice in Wonderland." The whimsy, energy and creativity available in the show took us on a journey of childhood discovery. "
- Review by Nathan Bramstedt, Metea Valley High School, Aurora, Ill.
- "A delightful visit with some of the characters Alice meets in her adventure in Wonderland. The sript is full of humor, fun and action. A perfect production for younger audiences."
- Review by Allan Brown, Thomas Jefferson Middle School, Arlington, VA
- "This version of Alice was well adapted and fun to stage. With not having to create the shrinking and growing illusions it was easier to focus on more creative things."
- Review by John Ryan, Woodhaven Junior High School, Spruce Grove, AB
- "The play was wonderful! It was age-appropriate for middle school actors and a diverse audience as well! Very easy to organize (with a cast of 32) -- well received by all!"
- Review by Judy Dolnick, University School of Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI
- "Very well written, appropriate for 6th grade age level. I especially liked all the different parts. Worked very well for a large cast."
- Review by Aspen School District No. 1RE, Aspen, CO
- "Alice in Wonderland was the perfect spring play for Harmony Middle School. It was fast paced, colorful, witty, and had many interesting characters."
- Review by Barb Prater, Harmony Middle School, Overland Park, KS
- "We loved it! It's a wonderful version for children to perform. The show was quite a success!"
- Review by Nancy Kitchens, Hardee County Players, Wauchula, Fla.
- "I LOVE this showÑthis is the second time I have produced it!! Loads of FUN characters and plenty of spotlight time for every actor!! I also like the fact that doing this show made my students want to read Lewis Carroll's book!!"
- Review by Carol-Ann Black, Showbiz Kidz/Showbiz Starz, Allen Park, Mich.
- "Charming play! The cast loved performing these over-the-top characters and the audiences loved watching it. A winner for all, big and small!"
- Review by Cori Veverka, Limelight Theatre Company, Oswego, Ill.
- "Written very cleverly, Alice is a great show for high-school actors. It allows them to play very colorful characters in a production that has an "edginess" to it! It's off-the-wall, creative and very different. My actors enjoyed it, and I enjoyed the challenge of directing it!"
- Review by Ralph Lawson, Union High School, Union, S.C.
- "I wanted a script with all the classic characters and this is itÑeveryone is present! It also has very simple staging ideas."
- Review by Laura Budde, Marquardt Middle School, Glendale Heights, Ill.
- "This was an entertaining play that was easily adaptable to a large cast."
- Review by Bryan Halperin, The Winni Playhouse Youth Ensemble, Laconia, N.H.
- "This script of Alice in Wonderland ws fantasticÑso true to the actual Lewis Carroll story. All the main characters are present and given significant stage time. Lots of secondary parts for extra performers. Alice portrayed as sweet, with a little bit of feistiness. Script avoids some of the early scenes that would be technical nightmaresÑi.e. shrinking/growing Alice. Well received by all attendees, lots of fun for cast and crew."
- Review by
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Use a lot of color. Experiment with scale of scenery, making things larger than normal. Using casters helps roll from scene to scene. About 100 students were involved in our cast and crew!"
- Tip by Nathan Bramstedt, Metea Valley High School, Aurora, Ill.
- "Keep the set simple and spend your money on making the props and costumes really luxurious and fanciful. Emphasize the character's humor and uniqueness of the actor."
- Tip by Carol-Ann Black, Showbiz Kidz/Showbiz Starz, Allen Park, Mich.
- "We completed the play Alice in Wonderland with approximately 40 kids in 6th, 7th and 8th grades. We had a very simple set with a door that moved around the stage."
- Tip by Diane Deering, Powell Middle School, Littleton Colo.
- "The bigger, the better! With elaborate costumes and set, the actors come alive making this production something the audience will never forget."
- Tip by Peter Taylor, Holy Redeemer Catholic Junior/Senior High School, Edson, Alberta, Canada
- "Use the floor in front of stage as suggested in the Production Notes at the back of the script. It makes setting up props and sets a breeze."
- Tip by C. Mangan/G. Rhodenizer, Kelly Road Secondary School, Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
- "We flew in the trees for the gardener scene instead of propping up trees."
- Tip by Beth Lund, Oskaloosa Middle School, Oskaloosa, Iowa
- "I agree with comments in the playbook and on the website: the costumes are the most important, non-actor item."
- Tip by George Pfeffer, Covenant Classical School, Concord, N.C.
|Reeths-Puffer Rocket Centre||Muskegon||Michigan||11/17/2022||11/19/2022|
|Discovery Middle School||Liberty||Missouri||10/28/2022||10/29/2022|
|Englewood High School||Englewood||Colorado||11/10/2022||11/12/2022|
|John Champe High School||Aldie||Virginia||11/17/2022||11/17/2022|
|Valley Forge High School||Parma Heights||Ohio||11/11/2022||11/13/2022|
|Loudoun County High||Leesburg||Virginia||11/18/2022||11/20/2022|
|Varsity Center for the Arts||Carbondale||Illinois||6/30/2023||7/9/2023|
|Avon Grove High School||West Grove||Pennsylvania||12/1/2022||12/3/2022|
|Station Camp High School Auditorium||Gallatin||Tennessee||10/14/2022||10/16/2022|
|Union High School Fine Arts Center||Union||Missouri||3/30/2023||4/1/2023|
|Americas High School||El Paso||Texas||10/27/2022||10/29/2022|
|Zimmerman High School||Zimmerman||Minnesota||4/21/2023||4/23/2023|
|Padua Franciscan High School||Parma||Ohio||11/4/2022||11/6/2022|
|Bel Air High School||El Paso||Texas||10/28/2022||11/11/2022|
|Sheyenne High School||West Fargo||North Dakota||11/17/2022||11/17/2022|
|Carmel Valley Middle||San Diego||California||11/3/2022||11/5/2022|
|Christian Academy of Louisville||Louisville||Kentucky||10/27/2022||10/29/2022|
|Roland Story High School||Story City||Iowa||11/11/2022||11/12/2022|
|South Brunswick High School||Monmouth Junction||New Jersey||1/12/2023||1/14/2023|
|Elmwood Park High School||Elmwood Park||Illinois||10/28/2022||10/29/2022|
|Brookwood High School||Snellville||Georgia||12/8/2022||12/10/2022|
|D158 Performing Arts Center @ Huntley High School||Huntley||Illinois||11/18/2022||11/19/2022|
|White River Valley High School||South Royalton||Vermont||11/18/2022||11/19/2022|
|Bert Church High School||Airdrie||Alberta||5/26/2023||5/27/2023|
|Pacheco High||Los Banos||California||12/2/2022||12/10/2022|
|Mahopac High School||Mahopac||New York||10/27/2022||10/29/2022|
|Quakertown Community Shs||Quakertown||Pennsylvania||11/17/2022||11/18/2022|
|Grace Christian Academy||Knoxville||Tennessee||11/10/2022||11/10/2022|
|J.r. Arnold High School||Panama City Beach||Florida||11/10/2022||11/12/2022|
|Chino Community Theatre||Chino||California||3/3/2023||3/25/2023|
|Salem Community Theatre and Cultural Center||Salem||Illinois||11/10/2022||11/20/2022|
|Freedom Christian Academy||Fayetteville||North Carolina||11/17/2022||11/18/2022|
|Pilot Grove High||Pilot Grove||Missouri||10/21/2022||10/22/2022|
|Marcellus High School||Marcellus||New York||11/4/2022||11/5/2022|
|Spring High School||Spring||Texas||10/18/2022||10/22/2022|
|Powhatan High School||Powhatan||Virginia||11/18/2022||11/20/2022|
|Mason High School||Mason||Michigan||11/3/2022||11/5/2022|
|Central High School||Norwood Young America||Minnesota||12/2/2022||12/4/2022|
|Angelo Rodriguez High||Fairfield||California||5/4/2023||5/13/2023|
|Eldorado High School Performing Arts Center||Albuquerque||New Mexico||11/16/2022||11/18/2022|
|Naperville North High School||Naperville||Illinois||12/2/2022||12/4/2022|