One sleepy afternoon while playing chess by herself, Alice sees the real Red Queen through the looking glass. Alice enters the looking glass into a world of strange back-to-front magic. Stepping through the mirror, she meets the kings and queens of her chess set. The world inside the glass is marked out as a chess board, across which she must travel as a pawn. She meets talking flowers, Tweedledum and Tweedledee, sees Humpty Dumpty fall from his wall, meets the Mad Hatter and the March Hare, and witnesses the furious battle between the Lion and the Unicorn fighting for the crown. The gentle White Knight rescues her from the cruel Red Knight, as she is able to reach the eighth square and become queen. Or is it all a dream? Music in book.
Livestream Rights AvailableContact our customer service department for more information.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code TM2000
- Cast Size 9
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Elementary School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- "This was a great play, students had a wonderful time playing recognizable characters and the audience enjoyed the black light theater."
- Review by Shawn McMaster, Allendale Middle School, Allendale, MI