Rabbit lives alone. He cooks for himself, cleans up after himself, and reads himself a nightly bedtime story. It's a pleasant life, and Rabbit likes it. Then along comes Froggie—wet from a rainstorm, fixing snacks, and fluffing pillows to make story time more cozy. Too much fuss! Too much clutter! But Froggie listens as Rabbit reads old favorites: Goldilocks and the Three Bears, The Elves and the Shoemaker, and The Ugly Duckling—all magically brought to life for the audience on a puppet stage above Rabbit's bookshelves while Rabbit reads. But when Froggie invites dozens and dozens of his frog cousins in for a story, Rabbit's patience runs out: Too Many Frogs! Or is it? Rabbit sends Froggie and his family away, then slowly comes to realize that sharing stories with enthusiastic listeners is a different kind of life—and he likes it! The delightful picture book on which this play is based has been honored with state book awards in Texas and North Dakota and is nominated for many more.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code TH1000
- Cast Size 4
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 50 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Elementary School | Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583424049
- "This was the perfect production for our school. We used five actors for the stories and therefore could utilize many of our students. It was a huge hit and we had a wonderful turnout. The perfect play for our 4- to 12-year-olds."
- Review by Jennifer Bond, Beth Eden Baptist School, Wheat Ridge, Colo.
- "Delightful. The audience loved it."
- Review by Amie Brockway, Open Eye Theater, Margaretville, NY
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Excellent show for a youth cast. We cast actors to play the puppets' roles to involve more actors."
- Tip by Jennifer Polhemus, Morgan-Wixson Y.E.S., Santa Monica, Calif.