Two neighbors live side-by-side in Texas. A low fence separates their gardens, but much more divides them from each other. One grows flowers; the other raises vegetables. One was born in the U.S., the other in Mexico. One speaks English, the other Spanish. Their differences have kept them so far apart that if one predicts a sunny day, then the other is certain of rain. Even the arrival of a caterpillar causes disagreement—until the resulting mariposa/butterfly, and its eventual departure, unites them in wonder, sadness and a new understanding of the beautiful world they share.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code MS5000
- Cast Size 3
- Min. Royalty Rate $55/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 30 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781619592919
- "This turned into a lovely show, performed for all ages, and brought joy to all who participated."
- Review by Geoffrey Sheehan, Housatonic Community College, Bridgeport, Conn.