This hit play is also available in this approved one-act cutting that makes it an ideal choice for contest and school production. When ordering, please specify the one-act version.
NotesThe original London cast recording of Flowers for Algernon (Charlie and Algernon) can be purchased from Footlight Records
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code F28000
- Cast Size 5
- Min. Royalty Rate $50/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 35 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871293879
- "This play offers a wonderful opportunity for various types of staging and direction. The cast is challenged by the nature of the play and character development. Technical crews will be challenged by the lighting and sound possibilities."
- Review by Carol Lowe, Trinity Christian School, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- "This play is a slam dunk. We performed it for our Winter One-Acts. It was the most popular play of the evening. Skillfully condensedÑall the key steps in Charlie's ordeal were hit upon for maximum emotional impact. I am impressed with the script. They should all be this good."
- Review by Kyle Elsbernd, Craig High School, Janesville, Wis.
- "Wonderful script that allows the director great flexibility in staging. Our audience loved the show and the flow of scenes throughout the play. This was a great choice for high-school actors."
- Review by Rebecca Holley, Lubbock Area Home Educations, Lubbock, Texas
- "This was powerful and moving drama. The ending had some audience members in tears. This is a fantastic play!"
- Review by John J. Bucklew, Jackson Center Schools, Jackson, Center, Ohio
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "This play has a depth to it that leaves an audience very moved at the end. Plan a powerful ending."
- Tip by Rebecca Fleming, Strickland Christian School, Austin, Texas
|University of North Texas Department of Dance & Theatre||Denton||Texas||2/22/2018||2/24/2018|
|Piedra Vista High||Farmington||New Mexico||10/19/2017||10/28/2017|
|American Heritage School||Plantation||Florida||12/1/2017||12/1/2017|
|Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College||Miami||Oklahoma||3/8/2018||3/11/2018|
|The Toronto Centre For The Arts||Toronto||Ontario||6/17/2018||6/17/2018|
|Newnan High School||Newnan||Georgia||10/26/2017||10/27/2017|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).