Chantal's Parisian mother hands her a dog-training manual as the secret recipe for making a husband happy. "You must treat him like a dog," she warns. So Chantal is soon trying such directions as: "Praise him when he is learning to fetch and carry." "Make the words 'come here' mean something pleasurable." "Be sure to frolic with your pet a part of every day." Chantal is doing fine in spite of the exotic models who swarm about her husband's studio until her friend Tina, a triple threat from Boston, comes to visit her. Chantal confides the secret of her happy marriage to Tina, who promptly tips off Chantal's husband. Fireworks follow!
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code I10000
- Cast Size 13
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 95 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871297716
- "The audience roared with laughter as Chantal trained Gene into the perfect husband! A delightful script with challenging roles -- especially Chantal and Gene. Fun play to do!"
- Review by Laurie Kirk, Shelby High School, Shelby, OH
- "An evening of uproarious laughter. The audience barely was able to catch their breath before laughing again. A great evening of entertainment."
- Review by Jim Miller, Osceola Community Players, Osceola, IN
- "This was a fun play with good parts for girls -- something not always easy to find."
- Review by Ellen DiFilippo, Foothill High School, Sacramento, CA
- "A hit show captivating audiences with humor, timing and surprises. This was our premier production, and it was warmly welcomed by our enthusiastic and appreciative audience. [They] loved the second entrance of Robert Swann [which] drew the loudest laughter."
- Review by Janina Shoemaker, Gretna Little Theatre, Gretna, Va.