Night falls on a mysterious castle in the Alps, and a group of young American hostelers crosses the drawbridge to meet the incredible family! Papa, descended from Count Dracula, and Mama, descended from Dr. Frankenstein, can't find a husband for their lovely teenage daughter, Dirga. So, despite Granny's objections, they turn their ancient castle in the Alps into a youth hostel, hoping to find one. The first group of Americans arrives for a weekend, and the Draculas pick young Buddy for their future son-in-law. They regret that he's so normal. Still, he's all there is. The Americans are a bit unnerved by the castle. There's a caged raven quoting "Nevermore "and a man's face screaming the hours from inside a cuckoo clock. Besides dancing to "Night on Bald Mountain" on the hi-fi and refreshments of tiger's milk and brownies, there is the howling of Daddy's wolves and the grunting of the pet alligator Queenie. It's an experience that neither they—nor you—will forget!
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code B30000
- Cast Size 16
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 95 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Farce | Satire
- ISBN(13) 9780871296986
- "Boys and Ghouls Together is a fun-filled laugh out loud play. The characters are fun to portray and the show delighted our audience."
- Review by Linda Boyd, Wetmore High School, Wetmore, KS
- "We had a good time and great learning working with all the accents; German, English-Upper, Hungarian and Italian. Strong characters, easy costumes, weird props and a grand set made this an enjoyable production for our audience and our cast!"
- Review by Tim Hitmar, Lakeview High School, Cortland, OH
- "A perfect play for high school! The characterization can really only be limited by the imagination of the cast members."
- Review by Hilary Gansauer, Lincoln-Way East High School, Frankfort, Ill.