This new play version of the delightful meeting of two of literature's most famous young ladies unfolds when a young man puts off a book report till the last minute, then suddenly finds himself in a strange place somewhere between Oz and Wonderland. It then becomes his responsibility to unscramble the stories and steer the familiar characters—the Cowardly Lion, the Mad Hatter, the Scarecrow and the White Rabbit, among others—to their ultimate destinations while avoiding the Wicked Witch and the Red Queen. This hilarious, adventuresome romp is filled with laughter and surprises at every turn. And a couple of lessons emerge along the way as well.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code D82000
- Cast Size 11
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 50 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583422212
- "A great play for young audiences and their parents. Familiar characters thrown together in just the right mix. There is a lot of actionÑalways something about to happen. It's like seeing old friends in a new place!"
- Review by Mary Hill, H.O.M.E., Fayetteville, N.C.
- "A show that captured the hearts of the audience and took them on a magical adventure. A charming play fit for all ages to enjoy ... A treat to direct with children 10-15 years old."
- Review by Kathleen Tilly, Drama Club Theatre Company, Courtice, Ontario, Canada
- "A fun, light-hearted show that's great for families. A trip through literature in the most interesting and insightful way! A great show for a student-run production! The high-school students did all the work from casting to costuming to front of house to backstage. A real victory!"
- Review by Jessica Bramer, John Marshall High School, Glen Dale, W.V.
- "A brilliant concept of merging the two fairy tales. Everyone loved the show. The costumes made the production come alive. What we loved about it was that each child had a recognizable character to portray."
- Review by Janet Arnold, Arizona Jewish Theatre Company, Phoenix, Ariz.
- "What a wonderful play! Easy to stage, incredibly delightful. Enjoyed by young and old alike!"
- Review by Kathy Keleher, St. Joan of Arc Parish School, Nashotah, Wis.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Keep the sets simple and dreamlike and add as many sound effects as you can."
- Tip by Susan Thompson, Austin High School, Decatur, Ala.
|Voices and Laughter (SFX)||mp3||Download|
|Fanfare - Voice - Drumroll (SFX)||mp3||Download|
|Drumroll - Fanfare (SFX)||mp3||Download|
|Offstage Voices, Queen and Witch (SFX)||mp3||Download|
|Alarm Clock and Mother (SFX)||mp3||Download|
|The Theatre Factory||Trafford||Pennsylvania||6/8/2019||6/16/2019|
|Sweet Bee Theater||Pittsboro||North Carolina||4/27/2019||5/4/2019|
|South Park Theatre||South Park||Pennsylvania||8/12/2019||8/14/2019|
|Old Opera House Theatre Company, Inc.||Charles Town||West Virginia||5/18/2019||5/18/2019|