Charles Strouse, the composer of Bye, Bye Birdie and Applause! has written another score—we think it's his best!—with a today sound in rocking rollicking rhythms to David Rogers' lilting, laughing lyrics. June Walker Rogers has provided a hilarious comedy-spoof book based on Sir Osbert Sitwell's Cinderella Complex. Poor Cinderella? Not this time! It's poor stepmother and sisters—sweetly, desperately trying to drag Cinderella away from her beloved brooms and brushes to the ball! Two godmothers—two! One tells Cinderella the truth that she must shape up and stop making herself and everyone else miserable. The other gives advice on how to make everyone even more miserable! One royal family—one! The king, determined to marry off his son; the queen, determined not to. The prince, a lyric tenor who says nothing. It's all upside down and all laughs. True to tradition, Cinderella wins her prince but there is an interesting switch. Simple sets and optional costumes with exciting but easy-to-play orchestrations by Broadway's Phil J. Lang. Any group can produce this show without difficulty, and any group can enjoy it.
Read an Excerpt
- Cinderella (Glennon)
- The Cinderella Complex
- Cinderella of Loreland
- Cinderella Confidential
- Cinderella Eats Rice and Beans: A Salsa Fairy Tale
- Cinderella: The World's Favorite Fairy Tale
- Cinderella (Chorpenning)
- Cinderella (Musical, Goldberg)
- The Oldest Story Ever Told
- Cinderella (Netzel)
- Cinderella (Goldberg)
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code T03000
- Cast Size 23
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 145 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Elementary School | Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Touring Group | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Farce | Satire
- ISBN(13) 9780871292353
- "A crowd pleaser with unusual tunes that added to the humor of the play -- definitely easy to stage."
- Review by Rose Hartman, St. Henry Elementary, Erlanger, KY
- "The Truth about Cinderella is a delightful musical for actors and audience alike. Lots of humor and intelligent wit, mixed with a powerful musical score and high energy fun!"
- Review by Nicole Haumesser, Marcia P. Hoffman Performing Arts, Clearwater, Fla.
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).