An exuberant score brings a special enchantment to this outstanding musical comedy. Dad was (in fact) one of the great pioneers in industrial efficiency and he sings to his large family, "What works in the factory works in the home." His older daughters, however, rebel against their father. Anne, the oldest, sings of her coming independence "On My Own," unaware that her father has a heart condition and is driving them toward superefficiency so the family will be able to survive better when he's gone. What Dad doesn't realize is that Anne has grown up. The breaking apart of Anne and her father and then their coming to a special maturity and mutual respect give meaning and emotion to what is otherwise a delightful and original comedy romp! This musical will excite your cast and your audience.
Our downloadable Logo Pack will make promoting your show a breeze!
Click here to learn more.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code C01000
- Cast Size 17
- Min. Royalty Rate $110/perf
- Cost $11.95
- Approx. Run Time 165 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871295606
- "Faithful rendering of the book. Warm and respectful attitude toward Frank Gilbreth. Excellent music, captures the era. My cast loves the songs."
- Review by Bonnie Adams, Step Up Performing Arts Center, Orange, Calif.
- "Fantastic musical for middle school actors! Delightful dialog and musical numbers!"
- Review by Lynn Ellingboe, Blake School, Hopkins, Minn.
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).