This version is based on the tales of Charles Perrault and the Brothers Grimm. While hunting a deer in the deep forest, a prince comes upon a young woman sitting among the ruins of an old kingdom. As the young woman tells the prince the story of the abandoned castle, we see the events as they occurred a hundred years earlier. A king and queen long to have a child and heir to the throne, and, aided by Erda, the forest fairy, their wish is granted. For the celebration of Princess Rose’s birth, the king invites a number of fairies, but not Erda. Angered, Erda places a curse on Rose that, on her 16th birthday, Rose will prick her hand on a spindle and fall dead. The other fairies soften the curse by declaring she will simply sleep for a hundred years. The king will not allow Rose to leave the castle walls in fear of her death. As Rose grows into a searching adolescent, her curiosity also grows. She meets Erda, who attempts to help her understand the wider world. On her 16th birthday, Rose pricks her hand and falls into a deep sleep. As she sleeps, she dreams, and her dreams begin to answer her life-long questions. When Rose awakes, she and the world around her have changed, and the prince, having recognized her from the story he’s being told, joins Rose as she emerges into her new life.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code S4G000
- Cast Size 13
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 65 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781619591981
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).