By taking the most famous scenes and monologues from the canon of Shakespearean works and presenting them in a contemporary style, new and often remarkable interpretations of the classic materials emerge. We see the balcony scene from Romeo and Juliet as a late-night phone call, the witches from Macbeth as bag ladies, the wooing scene from The Taming of the Shrew as a wrestling bout, the confrontation between Harry and Hotspur from Henry IV done in ritualistic fighting mode, and Marc Antony's speech from Julius Caesar as a press conference. Add to that energetic portrayals of a handful of the most recognizable Shakespearean soliloquies penned and you have a wonderful way to introduce young actors and audiences to the fantastic world of Elizabethan literature.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code SK5000
- Cast Size 14
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 55 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama | Farce
- ISBN(13) 9781583422991
- "I thought this show was brilliant! Easily adaptable for small or large casts."
- Review by Sarah Hankins, Pearl High School, Pearl, MS
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).