Betty Brown is so "into" soap operas that she actually transfers herself from Midwestern Tech's student lounge into the television screen and the uproariously lurid world of "Yesterday's Tomorrow." Will Betty be able to save Spring Weatherby from being shipped to the diamond mines of Brazil by the evil Tempest Frost? Can Betty bring Spring's father out of his amnesia to prove Spring's mother did not kill Rain Flood? Can Tommy Smith get Betty out of the clutches of the villainous Hale Storm? Tune in tomorrow or send for this hilarious spoof before the next commercial.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code S65000
- Cast Size 25
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Satire
- ISBN(13) 9780871295293
- "Soft Soap was an excellent show for a high school cast. The parts were easy to rehearse and the dialogue was a scream. Our audiences loved this show and the students had a great time, especially when they rehearsed the soap opera scenes."
- Review by Linda Boyd, Wetmore High School, Wetmore, KS
- "It was a romp! Lots of room for the varying degrees of talented seniors to explore, have fun, and learn a thing or two about theatre!"
- Review by Karen Kimmel, Frankfort High School, Frankfort, KY
- "Students and audience alike had a total blast with this play. There were lots of major type roles and the staging, although a bit of a challenge for me, was unique. Always something hilarious going on!!"
- Review by Pat Steppler, Miami School, Miami, AB
- "A joy to direct. The kids and audience both loved the over-the-top comedy and ridiculous situations. The simple set, everyday costumes and easy props make for light technical work. A hoot to direct and a joy to watch, the show was a HUGE success."
- Review by Darcy Bakkegard-Rachow, Baldwin-Woodville High School, Baldwin, Wis.