- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code DF1000
- Cast Size 13
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 75 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Praise Groups
- Performing Group High School | Community Theatre | Praise Group
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583428184
- "A coming of age journey a young Muslim teen takes as she decides to wear her hijab at school."
- Review by Rachel Harry, HRVHS, Hood River, OR
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "The play is best done in a very minimalist style rather than realistic sets. Very short scenes, so keep the flow and high energy of the play moving by not ever going to complete blackout. Your Amal can move from one part of the stage to the other while talking to the audience between scenes. Your techies can be part of the scenes (the mall, classroom, party, mosque) as well as be onstage to move the set pieces, (during the onstage clothing change prior to the party our techies danced and jived as they moved the set around) which were, for us, simple black cubes of two sizes to represent desks, tables, chairs. Use your lights to convey areas. We made this production a way to learn about another culture and brought in a Muslim parent who instructed us in the way to pray as well as answer any questions the kids had about the religion."
- Tip by Rachel Harry, HRVHS, Hood River, OR