- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code H89000
- Cast Size 6
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult | Senior Adults
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583422632
- "Wonderful and timely script. It was very thought provoking and lent itself to many discussions."
- Review by Gigi Hudson, The Actors Garden, Oak Park, Ill.
- "We found the subject matter, which is controversial and potentially explosive, to be unifying rather than divisive. The message is provocative, yet tender. The entire experience brought into the light a hidden, silenced topic. Both the audience and theatre company were profoundly affected by the treatment Jeff and Cherie have given this subject matter. It struck a sensitive nerve in the biased hearts of my Southern audience. Wonderful experience."
- Review by Barbara Wesner, Clarksville High School, Clarksville, Tenn.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "I asked a professional musician to compose music to underscore the play and used an original rendition of the National Anthem instead of singing. This worked for me, because I do not have trained singers in my theatre program. The music added a different dimension, and we found it powerfully supported, not detracted from, the words of the script."
- Tip by Barbara Wesner, Clarksville High School, Clarksville, Tenn.
Media Reviews"Once in a while, a production comes along that powerfully uses the unique tools live theatre has to tell an important story and to help us understand something in a new way. The South Carolina premiere of A Heart Divided,...is such a production." -The State
|File Description||File Format|
|Photo credits, storyboard and bibliography||Download|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).