NotesIt has come to our attention that some issues exist within the scores for A Christmas Story, the Musical. In particular, please note that in song #7, “What a Mother Does,” measures 141-144 are missing within the Full Score and individual orchestral parts; however, they are notated correctly within the Piano/Vocal and Vocal parts. To address this issue and/or any other discrepancies, we suggest you compare the Full Score with the Piano/Vocal as you tailor the music for your production.
Due to the complexity of the music for this title, we do not currently have a time frame for making the necessary corrections. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Visit the Official Site for A Christmas Story, The Musical
This title is highly restricted. Rights may not be readily available in your area. Please allow additional processing time.NOW AVAILABLE!
Rehearsal and Performance Tools
Show|Ready: Customizable rehearsal tracks of your show, complete with individual vocal parts.
Stage|Tracks: Quality performance tracks to greatly enhance your production. Click here to learn more.
Director's Script and Logo Pack
Our 8.5x11 Director’s Script and downloadable Logo Pack will make producing your show a breeze!
Click here to learn more.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code CD2000
- Cast Size 25
- Min. Royalty Rate $125/perf
- Cost $11.95
- Approx. Run Time 120 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583424087
- "This is the second time we have produced this show and both productions were amazing! It is a holiday treat for audiences as well as for the performers!"
- Review by Larry Johnson, Magic Valley Repertory Theatre, Filer, Idaho
- "We absolutely loved putting up this re-imagined classic. The music is so fun and allowed us to showcase our youth of all ages. Our only concern with this title is the Chinese Restaurant scene and the heightened sensitivity to cultural stereotypes."
- Review by Tina Crandall-Gommel, MT Ed, Rochester, N.Y.
- "We enjoyed this production so much - very moving and entertaining - and the audience loved it too!"
- Review by Stacey Bresee, Masquers Theater, Soap Lake, Wash.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "In a small space with limited wing space, we utilized an upstage elevated platform that we could hide furniture underneath. the platform served as the boys bedroom and Santa's mountain. we even added a slide to the platform!"
- Tip by Tina Crandall-Gommel, MT Ed, Rochester, N.Y.
Media Reviews"A true gift! A sparkling adaptation with a surefire charmer of a score." -New York magazine
"I was dazzled." -The New York Times
"Joyous! … A musical that dares mess with one of the most popular Christmas movies of all time and yet manages not only to do the film justice, but top it. … Its a charming triumph of imagination." -Associated Press
|Sky View High||Smithfield||Utah||12/3/2021||12/15/2021|
|LaComedia Dinner Theatre||Springboro||Ohio||11/4/2021||12/31/2021|
|CenterPoint Legacy Theatre||Centerville||Utah||11/19/2021||12/23/2021|
|Simi Valley Cultural Arts Center||Simi Valley||California||11/19/2021||12/23/2021|
|Stockton Civic Theatre||Stockton||California||11/17/2021||12/19/2021|
|Derby Dinner Playhouse||Clarksville||Indiana||11/10/2021||12/31/2021|
|Stansbury High||Stansbury Park||Utah||11/19/2021||12/7/2021|
|Show Palace Dinner Theatre||Hudson||Florida||11/19/2021||12/31/2021|
|Horton Grand Theatre||San Diego||California||11/18/2021||12/30/2021|
|The Belmont Theatre||York||Pennsylvania||11/13/2021||11/22/2021|
|Cedar Street Playhouse||Rolla||Missouri||12/2/2021||12/12/2021|
|Capital City Productions||Jefferson City||Missouri||12/9/2021||12/18/2021|
|Tuacahn Center for the Arts||Ivins||Utah||11/26/2021||12/22/2021|
|SCERA Center for the Arts||Orem||Utah||11/26/2021||12/18/2021|
|Madison Consolidated High Sch||Madison||Indiana||11/11/2021||11/14/2021|
|Bold Senior High||Olivia||Minnesota||10/22/2021||10/31/2021|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).