The first and most famous story of The Chronicles of Narnia has become a musical presentation of this unique, enchanted world filled with creatures and spirits of myth and fable, both good and evil, demonic and transcendent. The principal inhabitants, however, are the intelligent talking animals ruled by the majestic King Aslan, the great lion of Narnia. Though Aslan is often absent from the land (so that his very existence is doubted by some), he returns when the need for him is greatest. And entering Narnia at a moment of high adventure are some children—plucked from our world in unexpected ways to help Narnia and to learn from their Narnia odyssey lessons of courage, unselfishness and wisdom that will help them grow. Narnia wants to sing, and from the excitement of the opening song, "Aslan's on the Move," to the joy of "Narnia (You Can't Imagine)," your spirits will soar with all those in Narnia.
No livestream rights are available for this title.
Our downloadable Logo Pack will make promoting your show a breeze!
Click here to learn more.
Visit the Official Site for Narnia
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code N01000
- Cast Size 11
- Min. Royalty Rate $110/perf
- Cost $11.95
- Approx. Run Time 120 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871293817
- "This is the fourth time I have directed this musical (various venues in the past two decades). It is definitely an audience and cast favorite. The show is faithful to the source material and the music is beautiful as well as accessible to young voices. The piano score is clean and playable. Sets can be very simple, or more complex if desired I highly recommend NARNIA."
- Review by Carrie Gruman-Trinkner, Little Wolf High School, Manawa, Wis.
- "CYT North Idaho began in 2007. We have performed over 30 shows. Narnia the Musical was the first show we ever produced where we SOLD OUT all 12 performances! The public loved it! The story of course is adventuresome displaying a power struggle between good and evil and most importantly, a story of Redemption. We cast 82 children and the word spread quickly about what a wonderful production it was. Four of our performances were for school children to come with their class during school hours as a field trip. Surprisingly to many, was the engaging, beautiful and sometimes haunting music. The music was an intricate part of the show. We will definitely do this show again!"
- Review by Bliss Lanier, CYT North Idaho, Dalton Gardens, Idaho
- "It's a lovely little piece that ends up being huge. Songs are very germane and move the plot along nicely. Script is very "tight" no useless words. Impossible to cut as a result. :) Everyone involved found Narnia a truly worthwhile and often moving experience."
- Review by Pamela Dundas, Wing & A Prayer Players, Southfield, Mich.
- "Excellent show! Even four-year-olds were mesmerized! Music enhanced the plot and characters greatly! Love this show!"
- Review by Donna Chalmers, Fifth Row Center, Flowery Branch, Ga.
- "This was the third show in our 2009-2010 inaugural season and generated our largest attendance. The timeless message of Narnia was a delight to everyone who saw the show."
- Review by Willa Martin, Christian Youth Theatre, Wichita, Kan.
- "The music is challenging, but the show is very well written. This is a great adaptation of the book. Our students and a wide audience loved it."
- Review by Doris Goble, Eastbrook High School, Marion, Ind.
- "Narnia was a hugely rewarding project for the students of our conservatory. It challenged us all, but in the end the journey was worth the payoff and everyone was uplifted. The songs are surprisingly lovely, poignant, and often very funny. It is a larger play than it appears on paper, but is very satisfying to produce."
- Review by Stefan Espinosa, Utah Festival Opera, Logan, Utah
- "This show contains great characters and memorable songs. If you want a powerful and exciting show, this is it."
- Review by Roy H. Wilhite, Jr., Royal Heights Productions, McKenzie, Tenn.
- "Narnia is an excellent musical with fun and memorable music and a well written script that creates an ensemble cast. Middle school actors loved it and were able to create really professional performances with this script and music."
- Review by Nancy Olszewski, McMurray Middle School, Vashon, WA
- "We had an excellent run! Suitable musical for middle school -- great orchestra parts (especially the flute). Fabulous sets and costumes. Highly recommend this musical. Great acting and singing opportunities."
- Review by Judy Gislason, St. James-Assiniboia Music Theatre, Winnipeg, MB
- "An excellent community theater play. The roles are interesting (suitable for double casting); the songs are not too challenging (yet funny and catchy); and there is plenty of room for the Director to play with."
- Review by Horacio Ferriz, Center Stage Community Arts Conservatory, Waterford, CA
- "This is a fun filled show entertaining for both the audience and performers. Perfect for any size of theatre company. A true audience pleaser!"
- Review by Patrick Weber, Peter Augustus Theatre Group, Minneapolis, Minn.
- "This is a powerful story. It's the salvation message in a cool symbolic way. The diversity between the children and all the complex Narnians is so fun to play with. I feel the authors served the C. S. Lewis book well. "Field of Flowers" is the best song from your library I've worked with."
- Review by Fredia Thompson, Christian Youth Theatre, Vancouver, Wash.
- "This worked beautifully for a middle school group. Lewis' book is so well loved, and this adaptation retains the richness and diversity of the original, while keeping the story moving at an excellent pace."
- Review by Susan Stillman, Convent of the Sacred Heart School, New York, N.Y.
- "This play is absolutely fabulous ... by far the best that we have ever produced. The script is extremely well written, the music is wonderful, and the lyrics are awesome. The authors have brought the well-loved story to life and not only were true to the original but also added a delightful touch of humor."
- Review by Barbara Eyges, Theatre of Light, Marblehead, Mass.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "We used projections rather than drops for only our third time. They worked beautifully as the seasons in the land of Narnia changed from winter to spring. We even used a beautiful lion's head projection on the grand for our patrons to see as they came into the show. "
- Tip by Bliss Lanier, CYT North Idaho, Dalton Gardens, Idaho
- "Focus on the story. Don't make it a spectacle. Read C. S. Lewis' The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe before you go into directing."
- Tip by Fredia Thompson, Christian Youth Theatre, Vancouver, Wash.
- "We used three-sided flats on casters to create three different scenes (mansion, winter, spring)."
- Tip by Mark Miller, Ox Hill Baptist Church, Chantilly, Va.
|Northwood Baptist Church||North Charleston||South Carolina||3/26/2024||3/30/2024|
|Grace Point Church||Bentonville||Arkansas||3/3/2023||3/11/2023|
|Nancy Heusel Theater at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church||Ann Arbor||Michigan||5/20/2023||5/21/2023|
|Cair Paravel Latin School||Topeka||Kansas||2/2/2023||2/4/2023|
|Enoch City Arts||Bremerton||Washington||5/19/2023||6/3/2023|
|One School of the Arts||Longwood||Florida||4/28/2023||4/30/2023|
|File Description||File Format|
|Narnia (You Can't Imagine)||mp3||Download|
|Wot a Bit a Spring Can Do||mp3||Download|
|From the Inside Out||mp3||Download|
|Catch Me If You Can||mp3||Download|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).