This drama about a young girl's courage is based on the true story of Marysia Pawlina Szul, a Polish Catholic teen, who saved the lives of four Jewish people during World War II and is honored both in Yad Vashem, Israel, and the Avenue of the Righteous Park, Evanston, IL. In the present, two survivors meet on the occasion of the tree-planting ceremony to honor Marysia Pawlina's deed. In the past, in 1942, a fugitive family who has escaped from a Polish ghetto beg Marysia Pawlina to hide them. At great peril to herself and without her family's knowledge or approval, she is their sole protector and provider for two years. One of the fugitives briefly leaves the hideout and casts suspicion upon Marysia Pawlina. Nazi soldiers arrest, imprison, interrogate and beat her, but she refuses to admit the truth. As the Russian army advances, a Polish guard helps Marysia Pawlina escape. Angel in the Night is an inspirational story of courage, compassion and heroism reinforcing the concept that one individual can make a difference and that ultimately love is stronger than hate.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code A61000
- Cast Size 9
- Min. Royalty Rate $60/perf
- Cost $7.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871295873
- "The students loved playing these "rich" characters and searching for the depth needed."
- Review by Lana Hoover, Aledo High School, Aledo, TX
|Grafton High School||Grafton||North Dakota||3/26/2020||3/27/2020|