Written in a theatrical and imaginative style, utilizing exciting musical, sound and lighting effects, this play is both touching and funny. It treats a modern social problem with arresting insight, humor and emotional theatrical impact. Three children are bounced like pinballs from one foster home to another. Carlie, age 15, is a streetwise natural leader who is also a victim of child abuse. Harvey, age 13, is wheelchair-bound after his drunken father ran over both of his legs with his new car. Thomas J. is an 8-year-old who was abandoned on a doorstep as a baby. Each longs for the comfort of a real home. Now they come together for the first time at the home of Mrs. Mason's, an understanding foster mother who encourages them to follow Carlie's urging "to do something for ourselves." By the end of summer, the "pinballs" have become a family.
Out of stock
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code PE8000
- Cast Size 5
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 75 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583427941
- "A challenging play for middle-school actors. Plenty of humor, but the real attraction is the range required of all of the actors. The scene between the father and the wheelchair-bound son is especially moving. A good play that allows kids to play kids realistically."
- Review by John Rodgers, Gainesville Junior High School, Gainesville, Texas