Monroe wanders into a seemingly abandoned factory and accidentally trips a lever which activates the factory "machinery," an assembly line of seven actors who create fabulous fables. Then he meets the factory owner, a Mr. Aloysius A. Aesop, who explains that the factory has been idle for over 2,000 years because of a missing part. Mr. Aesop introduces Monroe to the machinery. Among them are Straucy, the Story Starter; Pluto, the Plot Plotter; Wadsworth, the Word Worker; and Gretel, the Grammar Guardian. The factory proceeds to create and enact stories which become official fables when Monroe himself surprises everyone by supplying the morals. Mr. Aesop and the others are ecstatic over their new-found "Moral Maker." The troupe then performs some of the best of Aesop's fables. Done with bright and charming songs, this show has been successfully produced by numerous stock, school and community groups.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code F01000
- Cast Size 9
- Min. Royalty Rate $100/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 75 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871293480
- "An excellent show to do for children or with children. Fun music and characters with great variety."
- Review by Carey Cahoon, The Palace Youth Theatre, Manchester, NH
- "The Fabulous Fable Factory has been a favorite production of mine since I was cast in the play at age 13! I have directed it three times since -- always to the delight of actors and audiences alike!"
- Review by Nancy Kotarski, Avon Drama Shop, Avon, IN
|Will You Buy My Story?||mp3||Download|
|You Have Definite Possibilities||mp3||Download|
|The Time is Now||mp3||Download|
|Reprise - (New)||mp3||Download|
|Leading Edge Academy Maricopa||Maricopa||Arizona||5/1/2019||5/2/2019|