All the joy, love, adventure and danger associated with the outlaw Robin Hood are found in this romantic coming-of-age adventure story. Set sometime in the middle of Robin Hood's infamous career, plot elements are taken from several of the traditional Robin Hood stories. This musical is filled with humor, swordfights, hidden identities, and even a group of singing nuns! Genevieve, the duke's daughter, is dreaming with her ladies in waiting about the perfect man in "If I Marry." Her father has promised her hand in marriage to Rodric, the Sheriff of Nottingham, a mismatch he will announce at a feast. Robin Hood, visiting Nottingham in disguise on market day, manages an invitation. He tells Maid Marian and the other Merry Outlaws of Sherwood Forest his plan to attend the feast. Allan A'Dale, the young minstrel, begs for the opportunity to prove himself a worthy outlaw by going along, and Robin consents, at the urging of Maid Marian. Rodric and his sister, the evil mother superior, Julianne, are happy about the marriage as it will make Rodric heir to the duke's fortune and, upon his well-planned demise, there will be even more "Money for the Nunnery!" At the feast, Allan A'Dale proves his worth and weaves into a simple song to Genevieve the words "We Will Help You!" When the duke announces his daughter's engagement, Robin and his men announce their presence and fight their way out of the castle. Genevieve swears she will never marry the sheriff and dons boy's clothing to escape into the forest and find the help promised by Allan. Confusion, comedy, and romance occur as Genevieve, posing as Gene, joins the Merry Outlaws and falls in love with Allan. When he and Gene return to the castle to save her father's life, more disguises and a swordfight help to set everything right!
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code R08000
- Cast Size 19
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 100 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Comedy | Farce | Melodrama
- ISBN(13) 9781583423776
|The Tale of Allan A'Dale||mp3||Download|
|Money for the Nunnery||mp3||Download|
|Never Give Anything||mp3||Download|
|I Would Marry||mp3||Download|
|Finale and Bows||mp3||Download|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).