Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code AC7000
- Cast Size 12
- Min. Royalty Rate $55/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 40 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy | Farce
- ISBN(13) 9781583426081
- "This play was easy to produce (no set, just props and minimal costuming), but the students learned so much about comic timing and physical comedy. The flexibility of casting was exactly what we needed."
- Review by Mariana Hardy, Highland HS, Medina, Ohio
- "My 8th graders loved this play! It is such a fun dramatization of moments that we have lived out in class as we prepare for performances. They were able to create such interesting characters using past experiences to really play up the scenes. A perfect play to introduce student directors. The true message of the play really hit home with my students as this was their last play as a middle school student. "
- Review by Caitlyn Baldwin, Rollings Middle School of the Arts, Summerville, S.C.
- "This is a fantastic script for a large group of actors. My students enjoyed working on the play immensely because they got all of the theatre jokes and had a great time poking fun at themselves."
- Review by Angela Santucci, Ravenscroft School, Raleigh, N.C.
- "Very humorous, well written, easy to produce; characters are real; fun take on actors' lives."
- Review by Kathryn Perino, Bishop Reding Secondary School, Milton, Ontario, Canada
- "Hilariously funny! Perfect glimpse into the world of everything that can go wrong actually going wrong. Great for high-school audiences."
- Review by Meegan Turet, Academy of the Pacific Rim, Hyde Park, Mass.
- "A very true-to-life account of a production at the start, its progress and finale. If you have ever been a part of any play, you will laugh out loud!"
- Review by Samantha J. Corrion, Unionville-Sebewaing Area School, Sebewaing, Mich.
- "What a crazy piece of theatre! The kids had a blast bringing this one to the stage. The stereotypes were hilarious to portray, and Terry's "Juliet" monologue is a thing of beauty (especially when delivered from a a pseudo-goth stage manager)."
- Review by Rick Clark, Village Academy, Powell, Ohio
- "Great ensemble play which allowed my actors to shine as individual characters."
- Review by Liz Good-Geron, Sexsmith Secondary School, Sexsmith, Alberta, Canada
- "Overall the play was good. There were some technical difficulties with the actors' roles, but after much deliberation it turned out well. The Narrator and the Stage Manager roles stole the show. Some of the minor roles could have been left out or rewritten, for example: Tybalt. The pacing of the play was good. More stage direction would have been helpful for a novice drama club or an addendum provided if needed. Also, the "Actor" role was very confusing, especially since some of the actor parts must be played by the same actor."
- Review by Christine McCarthy, Greater Lowell Technical High School, Tyngsboro, Mass.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "When casting, be sure to read through the script multiple times to make sure the flow of the "actor" characters connects logically with the way you cast it. There are MANY variations to how you could cast this! Have fun!!"
- Tip by Natalia Catlett, Mighty Oaks Enrichment Center, Gardner, Kan.
- "Focus on the comedic timing and delivery. We used a simple set that allowed for a variety of stage pictures and set up for the various scenes. Most importantly, have fun with it!"
- Tip by Caitlyn Baldwin, Rollings Middle School of the Arts, Summerville, S.C.
- "The fast pace of this comedy requires far more time working on lighting and blocking than its length would lead you to suspect."
- Tip by Connor Warner, Stevensville Public Schools, Stevensville, Mont.
- "I used a simple set of black boxes and it worked out great!"
- Tip by Samantha J. Corrion, Unionville-Sebewaing Area School, Sebewaing, Mich.
|Attic Productions, Inc.||Fincastle||Virginia||1/25/2024||2/4/2024|
|Capital Baptist Homeschool Co-Op||Annandale||Virginia||5/4/2024||5/4/2024|
|Idaho Arts Charter School||Nampa||Idaho||12/8/2023||12/9/2023|
|Episcopal Collegiate School||Little Rock||Arkansas||1/26/2024||1/27/2024|
|Winnebago Lutheran Academy||Fond du Lac||Wisconsin||3/7/2024||3/10/2024|