Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code A08000
- Cast Size 18
- Min. Royalty Rate $100/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 105 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871297600
- "Anne of Green Gables was well received. Many of our audience felt it was one of the best plays we had ever done. I felt the music was good and very manageable for students' (untrained) voices. Though the story was somewhat segmented and takes in a number of years, the story is known well enough so that the audience does not get lost."
- Review by Edy, Immanuel Christian High School, Lethbridge, AB
- "This show is a faithful adaptation with an excellent script and tuneful, catchy music. Characters are three dimensional and scenes flow nicely with minimal set required."
- Review by Mary Beth Thierolf, Summer Theatre Workshop, Cape May Court House, N.J.
- "Wonderfully written. Very warm, humorous and loads of fun. Cast had a great time!"
- Review by Jonathan Fly, HCT Productions, Hutchinson, Kan.
- "Enchanting music sung by characters that audiences can really relate to. All of our audiences loved the music and fell in love with the characters."
- Review by Nicole Mielke, Shoreland Lutheran School, Somers, Wis.
- "This musical worked beautifully for middle school actors/singers and our middle school audience as well!"
- Review by Lynn Ellingboe, Blake School, Hopkins, Minn.
- "One of the most successful shows we have presented. Many in the audience had read the book when they were younger. After seeing the show, one man went to the library and took out the book. The hit song was "I Dare You" by the teens and children. What fun that was. The piano accompaniment is just right."
- Review by Sam Macera, Grand Rapids Arts Council, Waterville, Ohio
- "We loved working with this script. We had produced two other versions of this story before, but fell in love with this one. It showed the richness of all the characters and the joie de vivre of Anne. It was delightful to sit in the wings and see the audience reaction of laughter, joy and tears at all ages."
- Review by Sharon Cantrill, Evergreen Performers, Gig Harbor, Wash.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "You can use previously sung songs as playoffs for scene changes, because there are many where no playoff is given."
- Tip by Nicole Mielke, Shoreland Lutheran School, Somers, Wis.