Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
The same book is used for both the musical and non-musical versions.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code TS6000
- Cast Size 5
- Min. Royalty Rate $55/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 30 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583427446
- "I struggle every year to find a show that will keep thirty 6th graders invested. Many lose interest because they weren't a lead. Totally Red allowed for every student who deserved and wanted a lead role to have a lead role! The vignette scenes allowed for students to work in small groups and have ownership of their own scene! Wish there were more shows out there like this!"
- Review by Jessica Poscovsky, Anthony Middle School, Cypress, Texas
- "This is a fun and educational one act that is suitable for touring to schools or retirement homes. My students loved learning about the different theatre styles. It has a flexible cast and can be done by small or large casts. Sets, props, and costuming can be as simple or elaborate as you choose. Audiences uniformly loved the show."
- Review by Irene Miller, Crystal Sea Drama Company, San Antonio, Texas
"Great piece. Entertains both the children and adults in the audience.
Lots of laughs and a great intro to multiple styles of theatre for both the cast and the audience.
- Review by Aviva Wolman, Teen Tour Theatre, Pierrefonds, Quebec
- "Totally RED! could not have been better suited to the needs of our school and community. The script was witty and fun as well as educational. Students enjoyed rehearsal every time and performances even more."
- Review by Audrey Linville, Meadows Valley School, New Meadows, Idaho
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Definitely have someone do live sound effects. We also had "sign people" who held up "yay," "sigh," and "boo" signs during the melodrama section. We used black shirts and pants as the base costume, then added hats, scarves, skirts, etc., to show the differing characters. "
- Tip by Irene Miller, Crystal Sea Drama Company, San Antonio, Texas
“It’s a fun take on the classic story we all know and love.” —Daily Globe
“There’s something to grab everyone’s attention in this, and it’s very appropriate and appealing for families and children of all ages.” —Daily Globe
“The new/old take on Little Red Riding Hood features five vignettes done in various styles.” —Abilene Reporter-News
“Little Red Riding Hood gets several makeovers in this creative introduction to theatre styles.” —BYU Scholar’s Archive
“The script itself is humorous. … Dialogue is flowing and natural.” —BYU Scholar’s Archive
“This is a unique and fun retelling, in multiple styles, of the classic battle of wit and deception: Little Red Riding Hood.” —KPAC
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).