Little Red Riding Hood is a memorable play that children re-live over and over. A young wolf, who thinks he is smarter than men, plots to outwit them and make them his servant. He gains possession of Red Riding Hood's cloak by trickery. He learns the password used between her and her grandmother. He practices until he can talk and walk exactly like Red Riding Hood. But he cannot learn to control his wolf nature, and just when success is almost within his grasp, the sly old grandmother trips him up. It takes him three acts to learn that it is better to be a good wolf than an imitation man.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code LG2000
- Cast Size 7
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583427613
- "A very fun, old-fashioned version of the story with a rambunctious lady heroine and a sly trickster wolf. The script has clever parallels between Little Red and Grandmother Slyboots and the young wolf and the old wolf. Our young audiences loved it!"
- Review by Reba Short, Children's Museum & Theatre, Portland, Maine