Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code P37000
- Cast Size 20
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 100 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871294173
- "A faithful adaptation of the classic novel! Great for flexible casts! This play worked well as a reverse theatre in the round!"
- Review by Nate Campbell, Badger Ridge Middle School, Verona, WI
- "We loved this script! It was well written, engaging, suspenseful, and conveyed an important message. It gave many young actors a chance to work on meaningful interesting characters, learn about the culture of Tudor London, and work together on very satisfying material."
- Review by Kate Burt, Greenwich Academy, Greenwich, CT
- "Great little show! We had several students play different parts. They were able to truly get the sense of walking in another's shoes and that's what The Prince and the Pauper is all about!"
- Review by Carolyn Polson, Covenant School, Charlottesville, Va.
- "The Prince and the Pauper is beautifully written. Our prince was a very experienced young actor, while it was Tom Canty's first show. The ensemble cast all got at least one speaking role. We cast a girl as Miles Hendon; and the fight scene, also with girls in male roles, was a big hit. The action kept even young audience members engaged. Our cast even learned a little about history!"
- Review by Linda Vars, Newport Children's Theatre, Newport, R.I.