Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
Our downloadable Logo Pack will make promoting your show a breeze!
Click here to learn more.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code S99000
- Cast Size 7
- Min. Royalty Rate $100/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 70 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871291554
- "Easy to stage with many small parts to double or use to introduce young, new actors. True to the story with good fun!"
- Review by Linda Carpenter, Wisconsin Rapids Public Schools, Wisconsin Rapids, WI
- "Stuart Little is a charming adaptation of a wonderful children's story. School groups love it; audiences of all ages love it. I wish there were more story theatre pieces as well written as this."
- Review by Joanna Naumes, Seacoast Rep Youth Theatre, Portsmouth, NH
- "... A great script, a lot of fun for children to perform or watch. It's a very creative dramatization by Joseph Robinette."
- Review by Lisa Lincoln, El Dorado Children's Theatre, Santa Fe, NM
- "Nice flexibility in casting. Good production suggestions (boxes). Good choice for community theatre -- parts for all ages."
- Review by Roberta Weiner, Prana Productions, Holliston, MA
- "This tale with a "tail" was extremely delightful and this version worked really well with an all youth cast."
- Review by Production Manager, Orlando Repertory Theatre, Orlando, FL
- "Delightful version for the stage of a classic story for children! Very flexible stagingÑalways a plus."
- Review by Dr. Susan Steadman, Offshoot Productions, Peachtree City, Ga.
- "It was fabulous. The costuming was easy and the set was simple to create. The audience's imaginations were stimulated. Children were mesmerized."
- Review by Sharon Rubel, Christian Liberty Academy, Arlington Heights, Ill.
- "The wit of E. B. White was preserved and shone through. The suggested staging was particularly easy and flexible."
- Review by Ed Cornely, Cornely Productions, Sturbridge, Mass.
- "Stuart Little is a happy little fellow with a positive attitude towards life and its trials and tribulations. He meets each problem he finds with optimistic determination, and this comes through brilliantly in this play."
- Review by Kevin Appleby, Bunker Hill Middle School, Sewell, N.J.
- "I started Children's Theatre Company in 1996 with Stuart Little. My first recycled play this past summer was Stuart Little. What a great show for young actors who are looking for the challenge of playing multiple parts."
- Review by Tom Ostheimer, Children's Theatre Company, Williamstown, Mass.
- "Our sold-out houses of children of all ages were delighted with the show. Parents have commented on the validity of its strong messages for children."
- Review by Ron Jones, Lone Star College-Cy Fair, Cypress, Texas
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "We used a storybook flat set with over-sized props for Stuart."
- Tip by Michael Cochran, Market House Theatre, Paducah, Ky.
- "Practice rearranging boxes with cast. Can cause young actors great frustration."
- Tip by Ed Cornely, Cornely Productions, Sturbridge, Mass.
- "We used the blocks [suggested as props] to make the New York City skyline, a classroom board, a "fork" in the road and the pond (complete with fish). Eighteen-inch cubes work well for the large blocks. All the blocks were painted by the stage crew, grades 7 & 8. Our makeup was elaborate and fun for the kids to learn."
- Tip by Judy Kegler, Immaculate Conception School, East Aurora, N.Y.
|Lancaster Opera House||Lancaster||New York||3/25/2022||3/29/2022|
|Unicoi Co High School||Erwin||Tennessee||6/24/2022||6/25/2022|
|Stephen F Austin State University||Nacogdoches||Texas||6/22/2021||7/9/2021|
|CORALVILLE CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS||CORALVILLE||Iowa||10/22/2021||10/24/2021|
|John Marshall High School||Glen Dale||West Virginia||10/23/2021||10/24/2021|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).