Michael is so obsessed with his old girlfriend, Lisa, that he allows her weekly visits to his apartment which she strips, piece by piece, of his possessions. Elenor, Michael's date for the evening, is appalled to find that he copes with his frustrations by giving fantasy lectures about the sexual habits of comic book heroes. The two seem a complete mismatch until Michael discovers that Elenor has her own obsession...When this play opened in New York, The New Yorker wrote, "The surprise gem of the [Manhattan Punch-line] festival is the work of Stephen Gregg, whose wistful comedy about the tenacity of neurosis, Sex Lives of Super Heroes, contains the best extended metaphor since Virgil."
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code S92000
- Cast Size 6
- Min. Royalty Rate $45/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 30 min
- Target Audience College and Adult
- Performing Group College Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871294180
- "An imaginative surprising theatrical work that was very effective with the audience. I was surprised how many in the audience caught the references."
- Review by John E. Reilly, West Liberty State College, West Liberty, WV
- "This show was a fun and witty addition to our one-act festival."
- Review by Amanda Casale, Roger Williams Theatre Dept., Bristol, R.I.
- "Lots of fun. A great look at a boy looking for the perfect girl society thinks he needs and finding that quirky girl he needs."
- Review by Joanne Metchooyeah, J.A. Williams High School, Lac La Biche, Alberta, Canada