Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code W58000
- Cast Size 8
- Min. Royalty Rate $55/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 30 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871292827
- "Perfect for social distancing and small cast! Great challenge for young actors to portray 2 characters with consistent mannerisms, speech patterns and movement. Loved by our audience and students alike!"
- Review by Darlene Shaw, Lafayette Christian School, LaGrange, Ga.
- "A sweet one-act about relationships and growth. "
- Review by Heather Cribbs, New Smyrna Beach High School, New Smyrna Beach, Fla.
- "Why Do We Laugh is a great play for developing character, as the same characters move through four different stages of their lives together. It is both moving and funny. "
- Review by Lorie Harkins, One Act Play, Paradise, Texas
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Small quirks that all 4 Merediths/Andrews have help the audience realize that they're the same people. Each couple have their own relationship and think differently of each other. LOTS of lighting cues if isolating each "time period"."
- Tip by Heather Cribbs, New Smyrna Beach High School, New Smyrna Beach, Fla.
- "Consider showing a distinct character trait that stays with each character throughout each stage. "
- Tip by Lorie Harkins, One Act Play, Paradise, Texas