Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
Director's Script and Logo Pack
Our 8.5x11 Director’s Script and downloadable Logo Pack will make producing your show a breeze!
Click here to learn more.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code R72000
- Cast Size 9
- Min. Royalty Rate $110/perf
- Cost $11.95
- Approx. Run Time 130 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583421901
- "This was a great experience! Cast, family, and community were blown away by the story and performance. A great play for social distancing in performance."
- Review by Jeff Sams, Franklin High School, Franklin, Ohio
- "I initially chose this show because I could have a large cast (important with high school performances). It ended up being the perfect show for us during this pandemic. We had a small cast which got even smaller due to quarantines. All the parts were able to be covered and performing with masks wasn't a hinderance."
- Review by Sara Heacox, Coopersville High School, Coopersville, Mich.
- "Because we were performing this during the pandemic, we had a small socially distanced audience and live-streamed it. The intimate nature of the performance really ended up being a plus for us. We focused more on the story and less on the set and such. I loved the simplicity. It was beautifully moving."
- Review by Karen Dean, St. George's Independent School, Collierville, Tenn.
- "The audience was really taken with the fluid transitions from scene to scene and they all learned a great deal about a very important story. The flexible casting makes this show ideal for high school since you can feature your strongest actors and give beginners a chance to get their feet wet in the smaller parts."
- Review by Laura Whalen, Cary-Grove HS, Cary, Ill.
- "Wonderful play with great challenges for the student performers and stage crew. The playwright was very helpful and open to answering all our questions."
- Review by Paul Doniger, Pomperaug High School, Southbury, Conn.
- "Radium Girls is a powerful production covering the women who used the radium pant on watch dials in the 20s. The struggle between money/image and doing what is right is forefront."
- Review by Melissa Blankestyn, PORTA HS, Petersburg, Ill.
- "This was a great script for a high school show. The audience was riveted by the story and wanted to learn more. It had some great dramatic scenes for kids to really show of their acting skills and provided a lot of roles of varying sizes, which made casting easy. "
- Review by Amanda Brown, Intrinsic Schools, Chicago, Ill.
- "Wonderful show! Clever writing. Tells the story of the Radium Girls from behind closed doors which allowed the actors to explore the characters' humanitarian side and the complex struggles that each character endured. Well balanced and tells a story that is important to American history. "
- Review by Christina Chun, Consumnes Oaks High, Elk Grove, Calif.
- "As a middle/high school drama teacher for the past 25 years, I just wanted to let you know that my drama class at Towle Institute, Wilmington DE. fell in love with "Radium Girls". My students made a connection with Grace the heroine of the story. All the character's were remarkable. The fact that the character's were real people that you could find on the internet astonished them. Knowing that the U.S. Radium Company was real and not far from Delaware in Orange NJ. They couldn't get over how a company could put so many young women in a situation where the only outcome was death, and live with themselves. We had an outstanding production and I would be proud to direct this show again in the future. The audience was moved to tears and applause. We did this production in 2015, but I am just now writing to let you know about it."
- Review by Cheryl Shields, Towle Institute, Wilmington, Del.
- "Radium Girls provides a compelling story and great opportunities for character study and research. The actors took their responsibility as storytellers quite seriously and the audience was moved and intrigued by this point in history. A great choice for our school audience and actors. "
- Review by Emily Blackburn, The Overlake School, Redmond, Wash.
- "Very well received by our audiences and a great acting challenge for my students. I must tell you of our success in presenting Radium Girls at a high school theatre awards event. We won Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor, and Best Featured Performer; and I know a great deal of the success was due to the quality of the play itself!"
- Review by Jacklyn Keagy, Dover Area High School, Dover, Pa.
- "Though historical in nature, the play provokes an audience to consider the implications of American consumerism and the corporate "bottom line" mentality. Our production elicited laughter, tears and gasps of dismay, which speaks highly of the script's resonance with a contemporary audience. The play is a great vehicle for developing strong ensemble acting from a group of committed actors. We cast 20 actors to play the nearly 40 characters."
- Review by Mike Solomonson, Northland Pioneer College, Holbrook, Ariz.
- "Radium Girls was one of the best shows we could have chosen to train our actors in serious dramatic roles. We were able to convey an important social message to our audience without being heavy-handed because of the intricacies and detail of the script."
- Review by Drama Director, James W. Robinson, Jr. Secondary, Fairfax, Va.
- "Radium Girls is a beautifully constructed and moving play. This show is a wonderful vehicle for actors of all levels; the roles are challenging and performers must work to the best of their abilities to bring them to life. Audiences were moved and left speechless as the house lights came up. Parents commented that this is a great show for students as they must research and work with such mature material."
- Review by Joey Chavez, Santa Fe High School, Santa Fe, N.M.
- "An amazing show that blows the audience away. Although it is challenging to perform, the content and message are worth exploring."
- Review by Lisa Bodden, St. Gregory School, Tucson, Ariz.
- "Powerful drama with a wide range of roles and flexible casting options."
- Review by Jarrod Townsend, Williams Field High School, Gilbert, Ariz.
- "Incredible script and an important story to tell. Staging can be as easy or creative as you wish. Roles are all well characterized."
- Review by Lori Zyla, Parkersburg High School, Parkersburg, W. Va.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Glow sticks, glow in the dark pigment powder and black lights made for an intense presentation that grabbed the audience right away."
- Tip by Gregory Allen, Pinedale Middle School, Pinedale, Wyo.
- "One thing we added were screens on the side of the stage to tell where the scene was taking place and what the time period was. We used a graphic of a clock and it worked so well. Many audience members mentioned how helpful that was to the story and helping them know where each scene was taking place."
- Tip by Chris Murphy, Concordia Lutheran HS, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- "Words to the wise: don't over design for this show. I added a platform and a few heavy set pieces that made it difficult to run the transitions as smoothly as I had hoped ... if I had to do it again, I'd eliminate the platform and simplify the set pieces in order to keep the cinematic flow of the show."
- Tip by Kristina Cummins, Capital HS, Olympia, Wash.
- "Casting is one of the most important keys to success."
- Tip by Paul Doniger, Pomperaug High School, Southbury, Conn.
- "It's all about time - sound effects, lighting, staging, should help enforce that time is ticking away."
- Tip by Kit Degenhart, Crown Point High School, Crown Point, Ind.
- "I found keeping sets and costumes as simple as possible helped greatly with the flow of the show."
- Tip by Melissa Blankestyn, PORTA HS, Petersburg, Ill.
- "We rented a UV light to achieve the glow in the dark effects with the makeup. Well worth the rental fee."
- Tip by Marianne Phinney, Walpole Footlighters, Walpole, Mass.
- "Make sure your scene changes are quick."
- Tip by Susan Postma, Nooksack Valley High School, Everson, Wash.
- "Although the script may read as written for a proscenium stage, it worked very well using a thrust stage which allowed for visual variety with numerous places to enter and exit. The play can be staged quite nicely with a minimal amount of furniture and a diverse lighting design."
- Tip by Mike Solomonson, Northland Pioneer College, Holbrook, Ariz.
- "Keeping it simple made it more effective. The story tells itself without extensive props and scenery. We used black background curtains onlyÑvery effective."
- Tip by Leanne Wright, Heppner High School, Heppner, Ore.
- "Look for the glow-in-the-dark face paint early and try it out. Good makeup makes for an awesome effect."
- Tip by Lisa Bodden, St. Gregory School, Tucson, Ariz.
Media Reviews"Radium Girls may speak to our collective capacity for denial. But it also celebrates our individual courage." -The Daily Record
"A compelling new drama...the playwright lays out the facts with historical accuracy, descriptive simplicity and graphic candor. " -Variety
"The best new play in New Jersey professional theatre." -The Star-Ledger
|Hermantown Senior High||Hermantown||Minnesota||4/14/2023||4/15/2023|
|Wichita Community Theatre||Wichita||Kansas||3/16/2023||3/26/2023|
|Smoky Valley Middle School||Lindsborg||Kansas||3/23/2023||3/25/2023|
|Zachary High School||Zachary||Louisiana||3/23/2023||3/24/2023|
|Decatur Central High School||Indianapolis||Indiana||4/21/2023||4/23/2023|
|Saint Thomas Aquinas High School||Overland Park||Kansas||2/16/2023||2/18/2023|
|University of Northern Iowa||Cedar Falls||Iowa||3/1/2023||3/5/2023|
|Colbert Heights High School Theater||Tuscumbia||Alabama||4/6/2023||4/9/2023|
|Bergen Community College||Paramus||New Jersey||3/31/2023||4/8/2023|
|STMA High School||Saint Michael||Minnesota||4/28/2023||4/30/2023|
|Arts Academy of New Hampshire||Salem||New Hampshire||3/3/2023||3/5/2023|
|Old Library Theatre||Fair Lawn||New Jersey||6/23/2023||6/25/2023|
|Greenville High School||Greenville||Michigan||5/5/2023||5/6/2023|
|Martin Luther College||New Ulm||Minnesota||2/17/2023||2/19/2023|
|Clay High School||South Bend||Indiana||2/23/2023||2/25/2023|
|Benton High||St Joseph||Missouri||2/23/2023||2/25/2023|
|Clay High School||South Bend||Indiana||2/22/2023||2/24/2023|
|Humboldt State University||Arcata||California||3/24/2023||4/2/2023|
|Anderson's Mainstage Theatre||Anderson||Indiana||6/1/2023||6/11/2023|
|Boman Fine Arts Center||Forest City||Iowa||3/31/2023||4/1/2023|
|Lakeridge High School||Lake Oswego||Oregon||2/16/2023||2/18/2023|
|City Hall O'Fallon MO||O'Fallon||Missouri||7/21/2023||7/30/2023|
|Normangee High School||Normangee||Texas||2/24/2023||4/28/2023|
|Brattleboro Senior Uhsd #6||Brattleboro||Vermont||4/7/2023||4/8/2023|
|Ardrossan Junior Senior High||Ardrossan||Alberta||3/8/2023||3/11/2023|
|Capitol Theatre||Mt Gilead||Ohio||2/10/2023||2/12/2023|
|Mercy High School||Omaha||Nebraska||4/14/2023||4/16/2023|
|Wellington Middle-High School||Wellington||Colorado||4/14/2023||4/16/2023|
|The Varsity Center||Carbondale||Illinois||4/28/2023||4/29/2023|
|John Anthony Theatre||Plano||Texas||2/22/2023||2/26/2023|
|Sumner High School||Sumner||Washington||2/24/2023||3/4/2023|
|St Mary's University||Calgary||Alberta||3/31/2023||4/1/2023|
|Marlborough Community House||Marlborough||New Hampshire||3/10/2023||3/19/2023|
|Fern Creek Traditional High||Louisville||Kentucky||3/17/2023||3/19/2023|
|Charles Theatre||Charles City||Iowa||3/31/2023||4/1/2023|
|Bullock Creek High School||Midland||Michigan||2/24/2023||2/26/2023|
|Judge Memorial Catholic High School||Salt Lake City||Utah||3/2/2023||3/4/2023|
|Grand Prairie Fine Arts Academy||Grand Prairie||Texas||3/23/2023||3/26/2023|
|The White Theatre||Leawood||Kansas||5/2/2023||5/3/2023|
|Good News Bible Chapel||Attleboro||Massachusetts||2/18/2023||2/18/2023|
|Cherokee High School||Canton||Georgia||3/10/2023||3/11/2023|
|Smith Auditorium, Mayo High School||Rochester||Minnesota||4/21/2023||4/23/2023|
|Garrard County Middle School||Lancaster||Kentucky||5/12/2023||5/13/2023|
|Fouke High School||Fouke||Arkansas||3/2/2023||3/4/2023|
|English Valleys Jr-sr High School||North English||Iowa||3/17/2023||3/18/2023|
|Fishers High School||Fishers||Indiana||5/3/2023||5/6/2023|
|Little Theatre of Norfolk||Norfolk||Virginia||10/20/2023||11/5/2023|
|La Reina High School||Thousand Oaks||California||3/17/2023||3/19/2023|
|The Roxy Theatre||Longview||Washington||5/18/2023||5/20/2023|
|Dickinson High School||Dickinson||North Dakota||3/9/2023||3/11/2023|
|The Mill at The Pier||Wigan, Greater Manchester||3/1/2023||3/18/2023|
|Lord Botetourt High||Daleville||Virginia||4/21/2023||4/22/2023|
|Lexington High School||Lexington||Missouri||5/4/2023||5/7/2023|
|Unicoi Co High School||Erwin||Tennessee||3/23/2023||3/25/2023|
|Christian Central Academy||Williamsville||New York||3/17/2023||3/18/2023|
|Rio Lindo Adventist Academy||Healdsburg||California||4/15/2023||4/16/2023|
|Bishop DuBourg High School||St. Louis||Missouri||3/30/2023||4/1/2023|
|McHale Performing Arts Center||Logansport||Indiana||4/28/2023||4/30/2023|
|Idaho Fine Arts Academy||Meridian||Idaho||2/10/2023||2/18/2023|
|Needham High School||Needham||Massachusetts||5/18/2023||5/22/2023|
|Quannapowitt Players, Inc.||Reading||Massachusetts||1/25/2024||2/17/2024|
|Amphitheater High School||Tucson||Arizona||4/19/2023||4/21/2023|
|Academy for Academic Excellence||Apple Valley||California||4/21/2023||4/21/2023|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).