Having munched their way through most of the population in rural Transylvania, Count Dracula and his loyal band of groupies, the Draculettes, have set their sights on the bright lights of London and all the tasty morsels who live therein. The count must be stopped before all of London becomes his personal buffet! But, alas, Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson, the renowned sleuthing duo, are vacationing somewhere in the Belgian Congo and won’t return for weeks. What to do? Fortunately for us, Shirley Holmes and Jennie Watson, the resourceful nieces of the famous detectives, would rather save London from annihilation than study for their upcoming exams! So, joined by Sabrina Van Helsing, the daughter of Bram Stoker’s celebrated vampire slayer, her close friends, Jonathan Harker and Wilhemmina Murray, and Lucretia Dobrinski, Sherlock Holmes’ no-nonsense housekeeper who refuses to be left behind, this courageous band of novice vampire slayers sets off to do battle with the prince of darkness. Lightning bolts and thunderclaps abound as the audience arrives at the foreboding Castle Dracula, trembles at Dracula’s magic powers and is thrilled by a breathtaking race across Europe, with Dracula on his schooner and Jonathan in his carriage, to see who will arrive first on the English coast! Other characters include lovely Lucy, who is rapidly falling under Dracula’s spell; Dr. John Seward, the bumbling director of a local insane asylum; and Renfield, the fly-eating inmate who seeks immortality by becoming Dracula’s servant. Can Dracula be vanquished before he devours all of London? There are bites and screams galore, vampires that bubble up in the sunlight, and an ending that will surprise even the savviest theatregoers. Onstage musicians and Foley artists interact with the cast while underscoring the action with a wide range of sound effects and musical accents.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code DG5000
- Cast Size 20
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | Community Theatre | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781619591349
- "This was an enjoyable script with a lot of room for creativity. A strong ensemble and a large stage crew will be helpful when performing this show. Overall, my cast and crew enjoyed taking on this production!"
- Review by Andrea Johnson, Miami Trace High School, Washington Court House, Ohio
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Follow the KISS principal when putting on this show. KISS = Keep it simple silly! It's easy to want to add more effects and really make it over the top. A tip for stakes, you can totally make them out of paper. We used brown cardstock and rolled them into cones and taped the cones closed. We then stuffed the inside of the cone and folded the back end of the cone down. The final touch was wrapping yarn around the back end of the stake. From 20 feet away they looked like convincing stakes. Also for the bubble up vampire we armed a couple of our all purpose Draculas with silly string. It made a hilarious and amazing visual. Not to mention we had to rope off a section of the audience as the splash zone."
- Tip by Lindy Englander, Scott Johnson Middle School, McKinney, Texas
|Paul Laurence Dunbar Middle School||Fort Myers||Florida||5/3/2023||5/6/2023|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).