Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
Our downloadable Logo Pack will make promoting your show a breeze!
Click here to learn more.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code RD2000
- Cast Size 10
- Min. Royalty Rate $55/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 40 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781619590076
- "This one act drama is a perfect bite-sized piece of theater to help your troupe learn to develop character and hone dramatic acting skills. Audiences love it."
- Review by Bevan Brunelle, Holyoke High School, Holyoke, Mass.
- "Strong script with excellent depth of characters. Good historical importance and literary merit."
- Review by Leslie Graham, Archer City High School, Archer City, Texas
- "It was one of the most impactful plays we have had at our school in some time. It's historical relevance and structure really lend to some great theater. "
- Review by Anthony Schik, Beveridge Magnet School, Omaha, Neb.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "It took me forever to find this but if you want a substance that is clear in normal light and only fluoresces in black light search the following on Amazon: “ DirectGlow 1 Ounce Invisible Green UV Blacklight Bottled Ink for Hand Stamping Security Admissions Secret Messages Glow Party.""
- Tip by Chase Coston, Union Pines HS, Carthage, N.C.
- "Focus on the acting. The set can be very minimal. Make sure your costumes, lighting and sound/music are strong. "
- Tip by Bevan Brunelle, Holyoke High School, Holyoke, Mass.
- "My theatre design class - working remotely - designed the background projection images for each scene. They were very helpful in communicating the audience the shifts in time and location. This was a wonderful ensemble show; due to COVID restrictions, we chose to keep the ensemble visible through the entire show. Actors wore black masks; those who were diseased due to radium poisoning added a bright green masks over their black mask during the scenes in which the audience learned of their infection. "
- Tip by JoBeth Gonzalez, Bowling Green High School, Bowling Green, Ohio
- "This worked very well over Zoom. Casting is important, though, as having one actor play two parts in quick succession is less effective when there are fewer ways to show a change in character. Think about casting more actors, or looking at how an actor's portfolio of characters can be more evenly spread throughout the play."
- Tip by Matt Bentley, Sedos, South Croydon, Surrey, United Kingdom
- "To prepare for the production and for the students to connect more with the characters and story, we watched a short documentary on the radium girls. This helped immensely as the kids were able to play these characters more truthfully."
- Tip by Anthony Schik, Beveridge Magnet School, Omaha, Neb.
|Clowqes Memorial Hall||Indianapolis||Indiana||2/21/2024||2/21/2024|
|Spring Lake Park High School||Spring Lake Park||Minnesota||1/19/2024||2/8/2024|
|Walpole High School Auditorium||Walpole||Massachusetts||3/1/2024||3/9/2024|
|Making Light Productions||TALLAHASSEE||Florida||12/8/2023||12/10/2023|
|Clowes Memorial Hall||Indianapolis||Indiana||2/22/2024||2/22/2024|
|Grand Valley State University||Allendale||Michigan||1/24/2024||1/26/2024|
|Adlai Stevenson High School||Sterling Heights||Michigan||1/10/2024||1/10/2024|
|Simon Middle School||Kyle||Texas||11/29/2023||12/9/2023|
|Round Lake Senior High School||Round Lake||Illinois||3/6/2024||3/6/2024|
|Boerne Middle North||Boerne||Texas||1/18/2024||1/20/2024|
|Gordon City Auditorium||Gordon||Nebraska||11/20/2023||12/8/2023|
|The British School of Amsterdam||Amsterdam||12/7/2023||12/8/2023|
|Tecumseh Vista Academy||Tecumseh||Ontario||1/15/2024||1/19/2024|
|Karnes City H S||Karnes City||Texas||3/20/2024||3/20/2024|
|East Aurora High School||Aurora||Illinois||3/15/2024||3/15/2024|
|The Hudson School||Hoboken||New Jersey||3/21/2024||3/23/2024|
|Schuylkill Haven High School||Schuylkill Haven||Pennsylvania||1/19/2024||1/21/2024|
|St. Clair High School||Saint Clair||Minnesota||1/19/2024||2/9/2024|
|Sweeny High School||Sweeny||Texas||3/23/2024||4/13/2024|
|Rampart High School||Colorado Springs||Colorado||2/2/2024||2/2/2024|
|Cosby High School||MIDLOTHIAN||Virginia||2/7/2024||2/7/2024|
|Burleson High School||Burleson||Texas||3/22/2024||4/5/2024|
|Riggs Theater||Pierre||South Dakota||1/15/2024||1/22/2024|
|St. Croix Lutheran High School||West St Paul||Minnesota||4/19/2024||4/21/2024|
|Norwell High School||Norwell||Massachusetts||2/29/2024||3/23/2024|
|Heritage Christian Academy||Maple Grove||Minnesota||1/26/2024||2/10/2024|
|LASA High School||Austin||Texas||2/26/2024||5/31/2024|
|Folsom Lake College||Folsom||California||2/2/2024||2/4/2024|
|Teague High School||Teague||Texas||3/5/2024||3/5/2024|
|Gulfport High School||Gulfport||Mississippi||2/16/2024||3/1/2024|