Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
Our downloadable Logo Pack will make promoting your show a breeze!
Click here to learn more.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code RD2000
- Cast Size 10
- Min. Royalty Rate $55/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 40 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781619590076
- "This one act drama is a perfect bite-sized piece of theater to help your troupe learn to develop character and hone dramatic acting skills. Audiences love it."
- Review by Bevan Brunelle, Holyoke High School, Holyoke, Mass.
- "Strong script with excellent depth of characters. Good historical importance and literary merit."
- Review by Leslie Graham, Archer City High School, Archer City, Texas
- "It was one of the most impactful plays we have had at our school in some time. It's historical relevance and structure really lend to some great theater. "
- Review by Anthony Schik, Beveridge Magnet School, Omaha, Neb.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Focus on the acting. The set can be very minimal. Make sure your costumes, lighting and sound/music are strong. "
- Tip by Bevan Brunelle, Holyoke High School, Holyoke, Mass.
- "My theatre design class - working remotely - designed the background projection images for each scene. They were very helpful in communicating the audience the shifts in time and location. This was a wonderful ensemble show; due to COVID restrictions, we chose to keep the ensemble visible through the entire show. Actors wore black masks; those who were diseased due to radium poisoning added a bright green masks over their black mask during the scenes in which the audience learned of their infection. "
- Tip by JoBeth Gonzalez, Bowling Green High School, Bowling Green, Ohio
- "This worked very well over Zoom. Casting is important, though, as having one actor play two parts in quick succession is less effective when there are fewer ways to show a change in character. Think about casting more actors, or looking at how an actor's portfolio of characters can be more evenly spread throughout the play."
- Tip by Matt Bentley, Sedos, South Croydon, Surrey, United Kingdom
- "To prepare for the production and for the students to connect more with the characters and story, we watched a short documentary on the radium girls. This helped immensely as the kids were able to play these characters more truthfully."
- Tip by Anthony Schik, Beveridge Magnet School, Omaha, Neb.
|Bartlett Theatre||Fredonia||New York||12/1/2022||12/4/2022|
|Calvary Day School Performing Arts Center||Savannah||Georgia||10/16/2022||10/29/2022|
|Liberty High School||Youngstown||Ohio||11/11/2022||11/13/2022|
|Lafayette High School||La Fayette||Georgia||10/21/2022||10/28/2022|
|Prospect High School||Mt Prospect||Illinois||12/8/2022||12/10/2022|
|Broad Run High||Ashburn||Virginia||10/27/2022||10/29/2022|
|Woodstock Union High School and Middle School||Woodstock||Vermont||10/14/2022||10/15/2022|
|Irmo High||Columbia||South Carolina||2/3/2023||2/5/2023|
|Westbury Christian School||Houston||Texas||12/1/2022||12/3/2022|
|Limelight Theatre||St. Augustine||Florida||9/23/2022||9/25/2022|