Follow the heartwarming and comic adventures of Zelda the swan, who thinks she's a duck when she's not. Unwanted by the duck family who hatched her egg, Zelda leaves their pond to try to find a place for herself in the world. She meets the beautiful and stately Hortense, Queen of the Swans, who takes a mysterious liking to her, Timothy Turkey, the clumsiest, wackiest bird in the forest, who wants to be anything but a turkey; and a cunning hunter, whose favorite pastime is eating birds. A gentle song to Zelda about the way "Seasons come, seasons go; nothing stays the same, you know" reassures her that she won't have to stay alone forever. But while she does see the change in her surroundings, Zelda doesn't see how she is changing, too. Through charming and beautiful songs, comedic dances, and exciting adventures, children are taken on an odyssey of hope and friendship where growth is to be prized, not feared. As Zelda learns more about the world, she learns more about herself, and by the end of the play she is truly proud to be who she really is.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code U20000
- Cast Size 5
- Min. Royalty Rate $50/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 45 min
- ISBN(13) 9780871290021
- "This show was such a hit for our Pre-K - 5th Grade audiences! The show is very short and lends for a simple, colorful set and easy costumes. The show can be done on a smaller budget with using the text provided to excite the kids and get them involved with the interactive parts of the story ... "
- Review by Becky Dibben, Great Plains Theatre, Abilene, Kan.
- "Interesting music -- nice messages throughout the story."
- Review by Carey Cahoon, Palace Professional Theatre for Children, Manchester, NH 03101