Everybody knows the Brothers Grimm’s most famous fairy tale. But what if they told it from the wrong point of view? Stepsisters tells the totally-true-and-not-at-all-made-up version of the little cinder girl. When Drew and Beth are thrown into the dungeon for conspiring against the throne, these stepsisters, who are not wicked, evil and certainly not ugly, are forced to tell their fellow prisoners the real story of what happened with Cinderella. Part flashback, part story theatre and all high-octane musical comedy, the story unfolds in ways the Grimm tale never did. You see, Harrison is a great prince, but he gets tongue-tied when he has to talk to girls. And how many men did the stepmother marry, and why do they keep dying? Is trying on a shoe really the best way to choose a bride? Drew, Beth and Ella are really the best of friends and—spoiler alert—Drew is actually Ella’s fairy godmother. So bibbity-bobbity-boom! How can two sisters play matchmaker for their tomboy stepsister while trying to out-connive a conniving mother, outwit a sadistic chancellor and make everyone’s dreams come true before the jailer takes their heads? With 13 songs, all shorter than two minutes, the breakneck pace gallivants onward, giving us a fresh take on a story we all thought we knew. But those Brothers Grimm got it wrong again.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code S2S000
- Cast Size 11
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 95 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Elementary School | Middle School | High School | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Farce | Satire
- ISBN(13) 9781619591684
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).