In the hills above Pin Cushion, California, students go to talk of the world, flirt and yearn. It’s a place where heartbreak awaits. In a La Ronde-style chain, Chloe breaks up with her boyfriend, Crooper, devastating him. Months later, Crooper ineptly attempts to use a mathematical equation to break up with Jessica—his girlfriend of seven months. She’s furious, since she’s in the middle of declaring her love for him. Months later, a calmer Jessica rebuffs Bark, who pines for her. But then things come full circle. Bark and Chloe—outsiders both—take an awkward, fumbling-for-words walk in the hills. Chloe has a secret, and Bark’s reaction to it gives them a surprising connection that, for the moment at least, promises a future. Why We Like Love Stories is a wistful comedy about the things we learn from the people we love, even once they’ve left us. The play has four great parts—and four great two-hander scenes—for high-school actors, each written with Stephen Gregg’s signature combination of intelligence, warmth and whimsy.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code WJ6000
- Cast Size 4
- Min. Royalty Rate $45/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 25 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781619591783
|Lake Oswego Senior High School||Lake Oswego||Oregon||4/18/2019||4/20/2019|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).