Jane is an ordinary girl, complete with a really nice mom and a bratty little brother, Milo. But Jane and her best friend, Kayla, are on the verge of some big changes. Middle school is looming, and that is both exciting and a little scary. And what could be a better way to end the summer than getting a pretty purple letter in the mail inviting them to very popular Nicolette Miller's "Too-Cool-Almost-Middle-School-All-Girl-Party"? And yet nothing compares with the jolt Jane gets when she wakes up the next morning to discover she has acquired spots, furry ears and a tail, and Kayla is transforming into an exotic bird! Not only that, but her neighborhood seems to be turning into a jungle! As Jane, Kayla and tagalong brother Milo begin to navigate the jungle to Nicolette Miller's house, they run into several "packs" of friends (both girls and boys) not invited to the party. Should they invite them along? At every turn, Jane is confronted with fun, awkward and difficult choices, but none as tough as when Kayla urges her to ditch her little brother Milo at the corner to be "cool" enough to go to Nicolette Miller's party. Is everything about Jane changing? Why is her best friend not acting like a best friend anymore? Why is her silly neighbor Steve suddenly so interesting? How can she tame all these conflicting wild feelings inside of her? This delightfully inventive musical takes a wild and wonderful approach to everything kids have to go through before they're truly "grown up."
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
Read an Excerpt View Score Excerpt
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code J72000
- Cast Size 13
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781619590427
- "This is a great choice if you are looking for something flexible in terms of scenic design, costumes, and cast. It also provides a great opportunity for multiple groups of student to be highlighted and have a special moment. The music can be challenging for younger performers, I would definitely advise keeping it to your middle school grades. Overall, it was a hit!"
- Review by Julia Paolino, Theatre at the Hockmock Area YMCA, Mansfield, Mass.
|Call of the Wild||mp3||Download|
|Look at Me||mp3||Download|
|Safety in Numbers||mp3||Download|
|My Sister is Beast||mp3||Download|