Field trips are fun, especially when your destination is 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue! In this charming and exciting musical, Dee, José and Annie accidentally knock George Washington out of his portrait and into real life—turning their White House tour into an unexpected adventure. As they try to get the nation's first president back into his painting, the threesome encounters Jacqueline Kennedy; Abraham Lincoln and his wife, Mary Todd; Dolley Madison; and other famous White House residents. Together, they learn that the White House isn't just a historic building—it's also a home. Commissioned by the Kennedy Center and the White House Historical Association.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code CP4000
- Cast Size 15
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Elementary School | Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583428283
- "Chasing George Washington: A White House Adventure is by turn both zany and compelling. What starts out as a field trip gone hilariously awry becomes a touching story about who "belongs" in America. The target audience of elementary and middle school students absolutely loved the show."
- Review by Lori Sulzberger, ISU Theatre, Ames, Iowa
Media Reviews"The phrase 'if these walls could talk' is often heard. In the case of Chasing George Washington, they do—and they have a compelling story to tell." -The Washington Post
"The dude on the dollar bill leaps to life in Karen Zacarías' entertaining … Chasing George Washington. The production also features a spry score by Deborah Wicks La Puma that ably mixes hip-hop, disco, ballads and traditional show music." -The Washington Times
|White House Field Trip
|George Washington Has Left His Frame
|The White House Slide
|Pen and Ink
|White House Field Trip Finale
|Virginia Rep Center for Arts and Education