It is December of 1818. The small Austrian village of Oberndorf bei Salzburg has seen much hardship: war, poverty, flooding. Now in the midst of a blizzardy cold winter, an assistant priest and a poor schoolmaster strive to lift the spirits of the congregation of St. Nicholas Church with an extra special Christmas Eve program. But there are more problems. The already ailing church organ is destroyed through a misunderstanding by the schoolmaster’s autistic son, Nicholas, who then, despondent, runs away from home. In the midst of this turmoil, the schoolmaster and priest come together to produce the world’s most beloved Christmas song, “Silent Night.” Silent Night is a celebration of peace and togetherness, but mostly it is a testament to the power of love during the holiday season.
Digital Script and Livestream Rights AvailableContact our customer service department to order or for more information.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code S4B000
- Cast Size 6
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781619592100
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).