Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code A68000
- Cast Size 11
- Min. Royalty Rate $110/perf
- Cost $11.95
- Approx. Run Time 95 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871297013
- "Our audiences loved this show because it was such an educational tool for young people."
- Review by Judy Carroll, City of Tulsa, Tulsa, OK
- "Anne Frank and Me is an extremely powerful and moving play. Many of our audience members went out of their way to thank us for the production, tears in their eyes. Overwhelmingly, our young actors felt this was a life-changing, life-affirming experience."
- Review by Heidi Schiller, Pensacola Little Theatre, Pensacola, FL
- "Very cleverly written, good mix of humorous dialogue, due to the nature of the serious subject matter. Set can be as simple as you want. This script and a bit of creativity are a great mix."
- Review by Clifford Platt/C. Alderfer, Warren Hill Regional High School, Washington, NJ
- "Anne Frank & Me is a powerful play which evoked humor and tears. It teaches without preaching. The characters have depth as well as credence."
- Review by Ted Mitchell, Newaygo High School, Newaygo, MI
- "This is one of the best plays I have ever directed with teens. They love and relate to this material. It flows beautifully from one scene to the next and is written with wit and compassion. Excellent, Excellent play!!! * * * * *"
- Review by Howard Kane, Children's Theatre Project, Richmond Hill, ON
- "The Holocaust seen/lived through teensÑit's funny, moving and totally enthralled the audience. This play was a huge success. It tells an important story in a way students could understand and relate toÑschool is still raving about it three weeks later!"
- Review by Jackie Foss, Presentation of Mary Academy, Methuen, Mass.
- "This was an amazing production. The cast received standing ovations every night. Adult children of Holocaust survivors said they were "immensely moved," and considering their family history, that "isn't easy to do.""
- Review by Paula Meyer, City Lights Youth Theatre, New York, N.Y.
- "This is a powerful show that grabs an audience and holds onto them from beginning to end. A fresh perspective on the Anne Frank story and an accomplishment to produce. A compelling story that puts us behind the pen of Anne Frank and in her shoes."
- Review by Lisa Bodden, St. Gregory School, Tucson, Ariz.
- "A powerful play with an important message. A great play for high-school-age actorsÑchallenging but not overwhelming in its requirements."
- Review by Chris Stiles, Concordia High School, Concordia, Kan.
- "WOW! My audience was transfixed. Long after the lights went dark a silence reverberatedÉthen applause."
- Review by Jennifer Repinski, Flood Brook Union School, Londonderry, Vt.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Use simple set pieces that can be moved into gas chamber, attic, train, etc. Be accurate and dramatic with sound cuesÑBBC, Germans, etc. They greatly enhance the play."
- Tip by Jackie Foss, Presentation of Mary Academy, Methuen, Mass.
Media Reviews"Remarkable. As heartbreaking as it is ingenious." -Tennessean
"A triumph." -New Times
"Packs a fresh, solid punch. The audience was swept up into the story." -Sun Newspapers
"A masterpiece." -The Observer
|Timken Performance Hall, Lincoln Cultural Center||Lincolnton||North Carolina||4/19/2024||4/28/2024|